*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750841-Ice-cream-conspiracy-anyone
by Lana
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1801169
Or just a mind that thinks too much.
#750841 added April 13, 2012 at 12:52am
Restrictions: None
Ice cream conspiracy anyone?
My day was semi productive. Grocery shopping and visiting my mother the first half of the day was peaceful. Although I rushed here and there, I had some time alone. Hooking up my Ipod to my car stereo, I shuffled through a mix of songs and sang along on my little journey back and forth. When I arrived back home, I decided to spoil my kids and get them ice cream. Good ice cream which means it's not from the truck that strategically parks in front of the school in the same spot everyday. How clever right? It's like the old put candy in the checkout line trick. The kids stare at it while waiting and whine to their parents for some chocolate, or worse, a nuclear sugar concoction in an airplane shaped container or flashing stick. Or and flashing airplane on a stick. Really? I just spent the past half hour telling my kids no to all the other junk in the aisles that you stick on a hanging piece of plastic in the towel isle.The ice cream truck is just as bad. As soon as the bell rings, the speakers explode with an enticing melody capturing the children's attention on the old, battered box truck sputtering out toxic fumes. The symphony of whining starts,and the repeated begging begins. Their little voices nagging and eating away at the will of their parents until they give in and join the others migrating towards the blaring box of frozen treats. You think you got it all figured out ice cream man? Just know that you are hated by all parents. And why is it you won't stop in front of our homes when we are chasing after you on a hot day? Do you get some kind of enjoyment watching us run after you? Do you smile when our children cry because you left us in your cloud of toxicity? Leaving us to soothe them and promise to catch you the next time around. Your frozen treats suck anyway. I want you to know that I have trained my children's palate well. We have no need for your artificial flavors and soft serve concoction of tasteless iced cream. We found a new love, a home made kind that explodes with fruit flavor and comes with a never ending supply of sprinkles. Take that!


© Copyright 2012 Lana (UN: lana18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750841-Ice-cream-conspiracy-anyone