*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751431-Life-and-my-day-are-full-of-mundane-stuff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#751431 added April 21, 2012 at 5:07pm
Restrictions: None
Life and my day are full of mundane stuff
April 21, 2012, Saturday, Day 21 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "In the tradition of bloggers everywhere, tell us all about your day, in great detail, even the mundane stuff, but especially the good stuff, the parts of your day that inspired you, that motivated you, that showed you the joy in your life. Tell us how your day was, whether you laughed or whether you cried. You know, blog."


I did two load of laundry this morning and I think have, at least, one more load to wash today. For breakfast Mom and I had hazel nut coffee and cherry cinnamon coffee cake. For lunch, we ate chicken salad sandwiches. The next time I go to the store I have to buy sweet relish because I didn’t have a jar when Mom’s P.C.A. made it yesterday.

I washed some dishes either this morning or last night before I went to bed. I can’t remember which because the day has been full of mundane stuff, which seems to affect my memory. I have our breakfast and lunch dishes to wash. The problem is that I can’t stand up for long periods of time. I have to sit down periodically to rest and take a break. On the bright side I got the trashcan rolled to the curb this morning and now I have to go see if one of my neighbors rolled it to the garage or someone stole it. I don’t think anyone took it because I don’t put the lid on it when I roll it to the curb.

Mom will no longer have a Personal Care Assistant on Saturday or Sunday, which means I have to add some duties to those days. Now I have to mop the floor in her room and bathroom. I don’t think I’ll do either of those today, perhaps tomorrow. The floors look clean to me (I know the still have germs, but since I can’t see the germs I’m not going to let them bother me today), I started the process of making Mom’s bed, I still haven’t decided whether her sheets need changed or I can leave them on another day.

I also have to finish putting the coffee grounds in glass jars and putting the jars on the back porch. Theatrically, if you put coffee grounds in the jars, add water, and lean the jars against the house, bugs are supposed to crawl in and not be able to get out. Then you empty the jars once a week or once a day depending on how many creepy crawlies are foolish enough to crawl in. I don’t know if it works, but it’s worth a try. Besides it’s cheaper then an exterminator and it recycles jars and coffee grounds; at least, until you have to empty the bugs into the trash.

I’ve rested long enough, so I will post this and wash the dishes so that I don’t have too many to do later today. I don’t mind being Mom’s P.C.A. on Saturday and Sunday it’s a blessing and if the considering the way I have to work it doesn’t seem to interfere with writing and working online. The biggest effort I’m making is getting Mom up to go to the bathroom. For some reason today, she doesn’t want to tell me when she has to go.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751431-Life-and-my-day-are-full-of-mundane-stuff