*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751455-The-day-of-the-tortoise
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#751455 added April 24, 2012 at 5:34am
Restrictions: None
The day of the tortoise.
On a side note - yesterday, afternoon, the Prince and I was standing, chewing fat about this and that, when he saw a rock pigeon on the ground - alive, yet hurt. It flew off rather lopsided, as Prince tried to catch it, and landed in a tree a little way off. Consider the fact, the hunt took place on the 2nd April, and still the wounded are trying to get home.

Heard of the Japanese soldier who was still fighting WW2, many, many years after the war ended ?


----- The last Japanese soldier from World War 2 to surrender was Captain Fumio Nakahira, who held out until 1980 (35 years after Japan surrendered to the US) before being discovered at Mt. Halcon, Mindoro Island, in the Philippines. ----- This blog is written and edited by Michael N. Marcus, a writer specializing in telecommunications, and president of AbleComm, Inc, "the telecom department store."


Some never give up.


Today, one solitary baby tortoise was found. There are signs which indicate there should be more roaming around. The way to see where they have bred out is a oblong hole in the ground, about one inch wide by two inch long. Then the digging starts, and sometimes more will be found, some still in eggs, or trapped by stones, or busy getting out.

The one nest had a lot of eggs, most were attacked by ants, which fed on the egg's inner food. Only the outer shells, filled with debris and sand were still there.

© Copyright 2012 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751455-The-day-of-the-tortoise