*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751462-FATSOs-Dont-Get-Laid-Diet
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#751462 added April 22, 2012 at 9:53am
Restrictions: None
FATSO's Don't Get Laid Diet
FATSO’s Don’t Get Laid (FDGL) Diet

In my weight reduction program I think in terms of brackets of ten pound increments. For example there was the 190 bracket (Ugh!) the 180 bracket (not good), the 170 bracket (better) and the 160 (That’s more like it.) Think of it as income tax brackets where the refund is payment in the coin of a longer and fuller life. You just have to stay after it, one day at a time, ignoring the ups and downs and remain focused on eating fewer calories than your body burns. Most people don’t think about it and wind up eventually, as their metabolism slows with age, in a bad sort of way. If you don’t do something you are going to “swell”, suffer depression and die prematurely.

You don’t have to be a FATSO. Look at all the older people in Wal-Mart. Where are all those slim young girlsand debonaire guys that used to inhabit those drop dead gorgeous bodies? They have turned into frumpy old men and women, an avoidable condition, had they exercised the will to prevent it. When I see an older person who is still thin, (Disregard drug addicts), I see people who are working at staying thin and active. It is a whole lot easier to keep from becoming a FATSO than trying to shed the weight. When every excess cell is crying out, “Feed me, momma, feed me,” the word “NO” is taken to a whole new level. Pushing away from the table when you are ravenous or before bed plagued by a terrible compulsion to visit the refrigerator, rises the specter of challenge and temptation that are continuously at work, breaking down a person’s willpower.

I realize I am hurting a lot of feelings but without tough love people who have let themselves go are enabled to accept the status-quo. That weight didn’t suddenly appear overnight and making it go away involves a slow and unrelenting commitment.

This morning I graduated myself from glider flying on the simulator and went outside to try the real thing. I promptly crashed and did sever damage to my powered glider. I feel like I do looking at the scale some mornings and seeing I have gained two unexpected lbs. Tomorrow I will order the replacement parts, and take another run at it. Life is full of set-backs but that’s what makes achieving goals such a satisfying experience. My goal is to fly FPV (Front person/pilot view) in my model airplane and look down and see the panorama pass beneath. It is an achievable goal but I fully expect the process to be two steps forward, one step back. That is the way my life has played out and I don’t really expect things to change. It’s amazing what you can put back together with some determination and epoxy glue.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751462-FATSOs-Dont-Get-Laid-Diet