*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751491-This-ones-about-someone-other-than-me
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#751491 added April 22, 2012 at 10:01pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about someone other than me.
THE PROMPT: "It's that time of week to show you've been paying attention. Find something, everyone, throw something in. Find someone else's blog entry from the last week and discuss it in your own blog. Tell us why someone's entry resonated with you."

Good evening everyone...it's that time of the week where I share my thoughts about one of you and your entries of the week. And there's been no shortage of joy, humor, bitterness or thoughtfulness in your words this week, players. And I read 'em all. With so many great times had while doing that, it was actually pretty easy to pick out an entry I can say will stay with me long enough to deem it worthy of "my favorite" this week.

With the way it's written, it'd be hard for someone like me not to like it. The self-reflection, the intent, the rampant sarcasm...give it up for Bonnie14222 and her entry, "Invalid Entry. The 716 rivals everyone for WDC supremacy! *Laugh*

Godd week though, bloggers. Been a fun go at the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS so far.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Yesterday was a fantastic musical event that happens every year, called "Record Store Day" (click here for more info: http://www.recordstoreday.com/Home). Artists put out limited-edition releases that are only available at select independent record shops (remember those?) or through their own websites. I just purchased this song (and two more) on a 10" vinyl record from one of my favorite groups, and I've gotta say, it's a great song for the everyday, average person tryin' to get through their life. It also harkens back to a little bit of their earlier days, while nodding at the instrumentation they've been using on their newer albums.



OK, that's not cool, Warner. I paid for it.



VITAL STATS:

*Coffee* Great time at 9am this morning with my boy DMFM at the old stompin' grounds, http://louiestexasredhots.com/. Next time I'mma hafta bring a bigger net for all the catchin' up...great to see you again, brother. Everything will be ok.

*Pencil* In honor of today's prompt, let's see who's really payin' some attention. Here's the blog comment of the week, also provided by Bonnie14222 , on what might be one of the most ridiculous entries I've committed to the internet, "This one's about saving humanity one beer at a time.:

"Fivesixer - you are all lucky I erase what I write when jacked on the pain pills. I believe I bought Earl a car, volunteered Brother to lead the Buffalo Philharmonic symphony, proposed to Cindy and got two tickets to paradise for you and me. Vipulya and Big Bad are now listed as my emergency contact and health care proxy. Prosperous could be getting weekly pizza and chocolate deliveries, Sunny is now enrolled in belly dancing class with me and Thundersbeard ..well please disregard those photos you may be receiving (HAHAHAHA)"

*Thumbsdown* After that said entry was written, people were saying things like "Sequel! Where's the sequel?" Well, I can't just take another two hours of my life to do that. But I will tell you the story of my broken thumb.

Several years ago, after graduating high school and moving out to Depew, I met a bunch of guys through the local Boys & Girls' Club http://www.bgca.org/Pages/index.aspx. We'd get together after the club closed or on weekends at the park across the street and play football. There we were, 10 or 12 dirty, sweaty dudes. There was a Baptist church across from the park as well, and a house off a side street next to the church.

And lo and behold, a bunch of girls come out of this house and are watching us play football. They're all like "Hey boys!" and doing things teenage girls do for teenage boys' attention. They invited us to their "youth group" thing. And being dumb boys showered with attention by cute girls, we went to their next meeting.

And it was totally churchy. Prayers, bible studies, the whole nine. And we went for the chicks. One day, they gave us all bibles. Big, thick, paperback NKJ editions. After the meeting, us guys headed over to the Boys' Club (as we called it) and hung out. It was a cold December night I think, and I was underdressed for the weather.

When I left, I was walking down the street when one of my other friends started running at me with his bible. He jumped and swung with mock intent to hit me, and I raised my non-bible-carrying hand (which also happened to be the hand I write with) to defend myself. And of course, accidents happen. He managed to connect hard with the binding of the Good Book on the top of my thumb.

The walk home from there was a pretty painful 10 minutes. I was bleeding pretty bad under the nail, and by the next morning it had swelled up pretty good. I went to the hospital, and sure enough it was broken...the blunt trauma caused the bone to chip at the base of the thumb. I wore a cast for a month from my hand to just below my elbow. A lime green one, at that.

To this day, I blame the girls. I dated a couple. My best friend from high school married one. And I just told a really lame story. *Laugh*

Alright, enough about me. Let's see what you cats are up to. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751491-This-ones-about-someone-other-than-me