*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751615-This-ones-about-skills
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#751615 added April 24, 2012 at 1:08pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about skills.
THE PROMPT: "What are two skills you would love to have and why."

Good afternoon folks...I woke up earlier than expected so I came to kill a couple minutes before I start my work week. And since skills are an impressive trait to help one get themself through this crazy world, here's what I'd enjoy...

1) I've probably mentioned this before, but I'd love to learn how to play the guitar. Why? Because it's a known fact that women love men who can play an instrument. Let's ignore the fact that I'm poetically inclined or care about making music. It's about the attention, and slingin' an axe on stage is one hell of a way to get it. I'd probably be a decent, if not creative, guitar player, but let's face it...I tried learning it a couple of times, and I just lack the patience for it. I have a tendancy to expect to know everything right away. Sadly, I know that this isn't always the case.

2) But what skill I'd really like to have is setting up the coffee maker. We got a new one a few months ago, with a timer and everything, so I don't have to fuck around in the morning when I'm 3/4ths asleep, trying to make coffee. But the problem with this unit is that if you don't have everything properly aligned, you don't get coffee. You get water all over the kitchen counter. Trust me; that is fact. The couple of times I've set it up the night before, that's the mess I've woken up to, and it's ultimately worse than messin' around tryin' to make it in the morning. Luckily, there's another person in the house who knows how this dreaded machine works, and can properly utilize it so that we can have fresh, hot coffee at the proper time necessary.

The point to this is that I can do a lot of things in life, and do them well, but the easiest things can also be the most difficult to others.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

This wouldn't be such a bad skill to have either.



VITAL STATS:

*Smartphone* Lost in the shuffle of yesterday's Best Buy craziness, I had a lot of time to explore the store. I messed around with an iPhone (hey, I've got seven months before my contract is up...it can't hurt to start lookin'). And I absolutely hate it. The demo phone that was on display (and actually working!) wasn't very responsive to my fatass fingers. Trying to type was a lovely attempt at failing miserable. On the other hand, I also played with an iPad, and while I'm hopefully not going to be in the market for one of them joints anytime soon, I could see myself getting along with one very nicely...so long as I have something else (like my laptop) to fall back on.

*Cart* While I love having time off from work, it seems like every time I have time off I come back and something's always different or amiss. Today will be no exception as I'm hearing that my boss is out again for a week with some injury. Yet I type this while sitting in my heated massage chair, getting a lower back rub because my back's been super-tight the last few days, and I have no idea why, because I'm pretty lazy.

And with that, I'mma get outta here and try to motivate myself to actually want to go to work. Yup, there's no way outta bein' there today, and it's hard enough to find motivation when you've had a few days off and an entire morning's worth of time already wasted. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751615-This-ones-about-skills