*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752032-Chapter-2-Clumsy-Sorrell
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1864211
A series I wrote that is loosely based on Twilight about Wolf Shifters
#752032 added June 1, 2012 at 10:25pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2: Clumsy Sorrell
Chapter 2: Sorrell


An awkward introduction...
I woke up in the nurse's office with what seemed like a crowd of faces over my head, at least until my head stopped spinning.
"Looks like you better get some ice on that sweetheart, or you're going to have a shiner." Said Ms. Judy, the school nurse.
"I just sent the new kid, to the cafeteria to get some ice." Said Ms. Land.
"Does he know where the cafeteria is?" Ask Ms. Judy.
"I told him. He said he could find it." She shrugged.
I tried to sit up but pain shot through my head like a lighting bolt and I once again lay back down on the nurses table.
"Should we tell her father?" There was panic in Ms. Land's voice.
"No!" I insisted. They looked at me as if I was crazy. But the last thing I wanted to do was worry my dad about anything.
"Fine." Ms. Land threw he hands up in surrender. "But he will find out sooner or later, you do know that?"
"Find out about what?" I smiled mischievously.
Ms. Land shook her head. "I just hope you are joking and that isn't a concussion talking."
Ms. Land's thick southern accent made her sound like Paula Dean. She was built a lot like her as well, a short husky woman with cottony blonde hair. Before my mother died, I used to do a lot of work in the office, as a student helper. She was always smiling, like a ball of sunshine.
"Alright! I got the bag of ice." A deep smooth concerned voice declared as it floated across the room and into my ears. "Is she awake?"
"Yes dear. She is fine."
He exhaled. "Thank God!"
He came in the room and placed the ice on my head. He had a genuine look of concern. Everything went in slow motion again. He was one of the most handsome men I had ever seen, he was a tall dark gorgeous man, with hair that flowed down his back, his eyes sparkled like ambers, and he smelled of lemon and honey. I sighed in admiration.
"I am so sorry! I didn't see you. Are you okay? Do you need a ride to the hospital?"
"Yes!" a voice from outside my body spoke. I thought it was my own, but it was the nurse's and Ms, Land in unison.
I snapped back, into reality. "No." I smiled calmly. "I'm fine. Thank you for your concern."
"Then you two should be getting to class." Ms. Judy cut in.
He held the door for me while leaving the main office. I was secretly admiring him again. It had been a long time since I felt any kind of attraction to anyone. There was just something familiar about him, that I couldn't help but to like. It was strange, but a good kind of strange.
"So where are you headed?" I asked.
The boy pulled a slip of paper out of his pocket and studied it. "Econ 101"
"Wow! That is like clear on the other side of the school. Do you want me to help you find it?"
"I would hate for you to be late to your class. I feel like I already messed up your day, and I don't want to be too much trouble."
"It is no trouble at all!" I smiled.
"Why don't I walk you to class?" He suggested.
I looked at his eyes curiously. If I did not know any better I would say he was trying to get rid of me.
"If don't want to-"
"I want to?" He objected, slipping his hand into mine. "It is the least I can do."
"I am okay you know."
"I know, but it would just make me feel better."
I began walking in the direction that my first period class was in. He walked beside me, holding my hand. My stomach fluttered.
I hated that my class was so close to the office. We were at my mathematics class in no time. He turned and faced me in front of the door and stretched out his hand again.
"I'm Kenyon, by the way."
"Sorrell." I said shaking his hand.
"Sorrell." He repeated. Just to hear him say my name made my knees feel like they would give.
"You know, you look so familiar."
He smiled kindly. "Well, back there you called me Jesus. Maybe that's why."
I blushed and giggled. "I'm sorry about that."
"It is okay, I get it a lot." He shook his head from side to side so that his long wavy hair would move. "It's the hair."
"It's beautiful." I rose my hand going to touch it, but pulled myself back. "Can I touch it?"
He leaned his head to the side in my direction. "Sure! Why not!"
It was so soft and fine. It was easy to tell that he really took care of his hair. It made him look really gorgeous in an exotic masculine kind of way. He had a kind warm smile, and beautiful eyes that sucked me in.
"Wow! It is really soft, and long."
"Thanks. I'm mixed with Indian on my dad's side."
"So you are a new student here?" I asked still stroking his luxurious hair.
"Yeah, me and my older brother Randy."
I realized that I was still dazed staring into his eyes and stroking his hair. I quickly untangled my fingers and dropped them at my side.
"Well, Welcome to Lafayette High."
"Thank you!" He smiled. "I hope I see you around."
"Yeah, me too!" I said as I opened the door to my classroom.
I watched him walk out of site, turning down another hallway. I turned around to walk in my class. It took me a minute for it to settle in when every eye was on me
curiously including the teacher, I must have turned five shades red, when I realized that this was not my mathematics class
.
© Copyright 2012 Misty Crade (UN: babydoll_y2g at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Misty Crade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752032-Chapter-2-Clumsy-Sorrell