*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752291-Why-they-couldnt-quit-on-that
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#752291 added May 4, 2012 at 10:13pm
Restrictions: None
Why they couldn't quit on that?
THE PROMPT: "Invalid Entry

Good evening, faithful readers. 30DBC Creator/Founder has supplied us with yet another blog entry to follow on our own whims...and frankly, I'm a little stuck. I don't know where to go with it. Let's see...it's kinda hook-y...could be a good title...hmmm...poetry time?

Why Couldn't They Quit On That?

It's a closed road sped upon too many times before.
Their fancy cars all covered in vices galore.
Is the world that they climbed the top of
gonna be ready for the one when they drop off?
It's an age, it's a rage, and it's on display
but we don't care about your name, only your fame.
The losers win, the winners sin, the sinner's bin
is a pine box and the legacy begins.

And enough is never enough.
Why couldn't they quit on that?
When life's so good sometimes it's tough.
Why couldn't they quit on that?

People get so lost when they're so found.
There's an answer in every pill and bottle downed.
And there's a reason why it's called "numbing the pain";
the only working antidote is doin' it again.
We want them to be what they sing about
and we don't care if their insides are out.
We only want to know why they're alive
but we're too busy watching how they die.

And enough is never enough.
Why couldn't they quit on that?
When life's so good sometimes it's tough.
Why couldn't they quit on that?

Kurt Cobain, John Belushi,
Tupac and Jim Morrisson.
Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Buckley,
Biggie and Janis Joplin.

Why couldn't they? Why couldn't they?
Why wouldn't they? Why should they?

'Cuz enough is never enough.
Why couldn't they quit on that?
When life's so good sometimes it's tough
Why couldn't they...? Why couldn't they...?


Wow...been a long time since I wrote a half-way decent poem.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Celebs are in the news all the time for things other than what made them famous. Drug busts, outbursts, lavish purchases, etc. It's a tragedy when one is found dead of an overdose or some other drug-related issue, and they're celebrated.

Today, the entertainment industry lost a great, great man. His groundbreaking crew was not only an incredible influence on me, but on millions of others. They're loved, revered, idolized...you name it. And this man's passing after a courageous three year battle with throat cancer will barely be remembered by most after all is said and done, but people like me will never forget.

"My man MCA's got a beard like a billy goat!" R.I.P. MCA...I told Jess not too long ago that I could never imagine a world without these guys. Guess it's time to start imagining.



VITAL STATS:

*Equalizer* On the positive side, my boys in Atmosphere have finally booked a show in Buffalo, and I'm absolutely stoked to attend.

*Equalizer* I did, however, due to unforseen circumstances, miss the La Dispute show at Mohawk Place, and that means I'm not hangin' with my boy Adam tonight. Silver lining alert: got the house to myself 'cuz Jess took the kids out to the movies.

And that's it for tonight. Got some catchin' up to do with the Challenge Challengers. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!



R.I.P. Adam "My name is MCA, and I still do what I please" Yauch.

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752291-Why-they-couldnt-quit-on-that