*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752318-Snow--Youre-Caught-In-The-Act
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#752318 added May 5, 2012 at 9:28pm
Restrictions: None
Snow ~ You're Caught In The Act
Saturday, May 05, 2012 ~ MAY 2012 FOLLOW ME BLOGGING CHALLENGE prompt is "Invalid Entry by 30DBC Creator/Founder


Spread chocolate syrup
Onto a slice of white bread
Fold over and eat

I remember my grandfather catching my sibling and me in the act of creating our own chocolate sandwich. I am not sure which one of us came up with the idea of running water over the sandwich or slices of bread after spreading on the chocolate syrup.

The whole thing started innocently enough and I suspect my grandfather found the incident funny, he just could not laugh in front of us. This is how it went. We put chocolate syrup on white bread and spread it out with a knife. Then you could have your chocolate sandwich in one of three ways. You could fold the bread, you could use two slices of chocolate covered bread, or you could have an open face sandwich.

That part went fine and then we decided to become creative. We put the chocolate on the bread, next we went to the kitchen facet, turn it on and then run water over the chocolate sandwich. Grandpa came into the kitchen and put a stop to this. However, he did not tell us we could not do this outside; he just told us “Don’t do that in the kitchen.”

We continued making chocolate sandwiches, but instead of using water from the kitchen facet, we used water from an outside facet. After spreading the chocolate syrup on the bread, we then went outside, turn that facet on and held our sandwiches under that. Grandpa eventually caught onto what we were doing and put a stop to that.

Chocolate sandwich
Held under the cold water
An intriguing taste

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer




© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752318-Snow--Youre-Caught-In-The-Act