*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752486-Sign-Up-Day-at-NHA
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#752486 added May 7, 2012 at 6:53pm
Restrictions: None
Sign-Up Day at NHA
Sign-up Day for NHA

Today was registration day for New Horizon’s Academy and I got six students. Two were students I have had before (Is that an endorsement or what?)

I expect there will be a few more over the next few days, however if there aren’t then six is a good number for the workshop. In the welcome letter I ask them to template a chapter from a favorite novel and turn that in before the term officially starts. Was that a sneaky way to cram in more material without having to cut into the course? I hope Karen doesn’t get wise and chide me *Bigsmile*

I had to go into my lessons and revise the dates for this term. I have the dates posted all over the place and I probably could have gotten by with just the Lesson numbers in most cases… but hindsight is always sharper than foresight.

We go to Kansas tomorrow to see my Grandson’s high school graduation I am going to have my daughter show me how to take a picture with a digital camera and download it into my computer. Then I want to take a picture of my desk, like Karen has, and show everybody what it looks like. I have twenty-one figures on the shelf that I consider “Grade Two.” Still I love to look at them and each one evokes a recollection and special sentiment.

From left to right there is a girl I think came off a lamp who is amazingly well rendered. She is striking a classical hand and arm pose. Behind her I have one of these wooden artist manikins about the same size miming her pose. Holding my reference books on writing are a pair of painted bronze romantic figures of a young man and woman. Left front are two women representing prewar and occupied Japan figurines.Then I have the two “Nudies” that are not nude but wearing bathing suits and sitting in an oyster shell. In the middle is a resin girl from Asia that are popping up everywhere. I practice on her before taking on my miniature soldiers. Then there is a Capodimonte angel playing a fiddle. Waiting to be painted is my nude from Thailand. On the right I have an action figure already painted of a well endowed Amazon and next to her an unpainted Marx Cowboy with a broken lariat. Then is a big bisque cupie like doll I will be practicing on and finally a “Nudie” by a table used to hold a writing implement. Can you visualize all that?

I think I will check out the ports of my new students and see how far along they are in their professional development. Many of my past students have been remarkably advanced and I hope this is the case once more, however I don’t want to count my hatchlings before I hear them crow. ( I once heard a truism that sounded remarkably similar to that one--- I bet you can guess what it is*Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752486-Sign-Up-Day-at-NHA