*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752491-Chapter-7-Girlfriend-Sorrell
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1864211
A series I wrote that is loosely based on Twilight about Wolf Shifters
#752491 added June 1, 2012 at 10:44pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 7: Girlfriend Sorrell
Chapter 7: Sorrell



I was thankful when lunchtime finally rolled around. I had not eaten all day. Went directly to the hot lane and grabbed a burger, some fries, some peaches, and a tropical punch, then from the snack cart I got some Doritos and a Mountain Dew. After going through the check-out lane and then gave the cafeteria the once over.
Blue diner booths lined two opposite sides of the room and there were large rectangular spread out around the room, whereas the stone circular tables were spread outside in an amphitheater, which were visible through the enormous window in the front side of the cafeteria.
Me and my friends always sat by the window overlooking the amphitheater. To not much of a surprise they were already sitting in our usual spot.
Beth and Jerry, were so deep in conversation they didn't even notice me sitting down.
"It is all over the news." I heard Jerry say.
"What's all over the news?" I cut in.
"Oh, hey girl!" Said Beth.
"What are you guys talking about?"
"You remember those wolves we saw the summer before last?"
"You mean your 'short cut' that just about got us lost?"
Beth waved it off. "Whatever! They found a mutilated body over there. A teenage boy."
"That's terrible."
"No, you do not understand, they said that he was attacked by a wild animal." She widened her eyes at me, as if to tell me something without out telling me.
"What are you trying to say?"
"I am saying you could have been killed Sorrell. You and your little animal activist act."
"One it was a year ago, get over it, and two, he needed my help, I couldn't just leave him there."
"You even put my life in danger."
I laughed. "So the real reason comes out. You weren't worried about me you were worried that the wolf would have come after you."
Jerry spoke. "They said that those woods are haunted."
"This is New Orleans Jerry, everything is haunted." I let out another laugh.
"That isn't funny Sorrell." Said Beth. "That could have been you or me."
"But it wasn't! It probably wasn't even the same wolf."
"Did you see the size of that wolf, it was like twice as big as a regular wolf, and it is probably bigger now."
I picked up my hamburger off my plate and bit into it. I chewed it and then swallowed. "Beth you are so dramatic."
Beth looked passed me. "Looks like the new kids are really adaptable."
"What are you talking about?"
"Look!" She pointed toward the door of the lunch room door. I turned around just to see a random couple walk in. Then my mouth dropped on the floor when I realized who it was.
He had his arm around the waist of a blonde-haired bimbo who's tight yellow shirt did not even reach the top of her hip-hugger pants. Liv.
His eyes met mine, and he bypassed the lunch line and walked directly toward me, with Liv still on his arm. When she looked at me and realized that he was coming toward me, her lip turned up, disgustedly. My heart thumped faster, and I must have looked like a deer in headlights.
"Hi." He smiled warmly.
I swallowed. "Hi!"
"Sorrell right."
I strongly had to think a moment before I answered. "Yup, that's right! You have a good memory!"
"Thank you." He tipped his head. "How is your head?"
I stroked the bump on the side of my head that had gone down considerably since the day before. "It's fine. I'm fine."
Liv cleared her throat angrily.
"Oh, right, Sorrell, this is my girlfriend Liv, Liv this is my friend Sorrell."
"Wow friend, you work pretty fast, usually I require dinner."
His mouth hung open nervously, obviously he did not get the joke and I had just made an ass out of myself.
"I was kidding."
"Oh." He laughed nervously. "Right."
"Yeah, but everybody knows Liv." I cut my eyes at Liv, remembering her lips locked on Darrius's while we were still a couple. "So how did you too become a couple so fast, it has barely been two days, but then again, that is our Liv. Fast."
"Not cool." Said Liv and stormed off.
He stood there stunned for a moment and went after his girlfriend.
Jerry and Beth's mouths were both agape looking at me.
"Seriously? What was that about?"
I bit my lip. I was beginning to feel ashamed. "I'm sorry. I just still don't like her."
"Is this about that time she kissed Darrius?"
I began to poke my lip out. "Maybe."
"You guys aren't even together anymore. Don't you think you should let it go?"
"Maybe."
"So what's with you and sexy locks over there?"
"What do mean?"
"The new guy!"
"Who Kenyon?"
"Uh, yeah!" Beth giggled.
"Nothing, he just hit me with a door and got me some ice. He is actually a really nice guy, I just don't know what he is doing with Liv."
"Um hmm!" Beth leaned back in her chair and crosssed her arms. The smirk on her face said all she was implying.
"It is not even like that."
"Um hmm!" She raised an eyebrow.
"Whatever Beth. I am going back to class."
"You are going to steal your future husband, from Liv!"
"Bye Beth! Bye Jerry!" Got up and walked off still laughing at Beth's playful taunting.
I looked over in his direction, she seemed upset her arms were crossed and he had his face close to hers talking to her. I began to feel bad. Maybe I did go too far. Maybe he could see something in her that I couldn't see or maybe he was just that shallow.
I dumped my try and left the cafeteria still confused. For some strange reason, I did not want to write him off too quickly. I wondered if he was serious when he called me his "friend", then I wondered if he was, then maybe I should be a good friend and warn him about Liv.
Maybe I was just reading too much into it. I thought. I felt a certain kind of protectiveness over him, but that was just like me. I was a mother hen, ever since we found out that my twin brother Russ had downs-syndrome. With my dad working all the time, and my mother on tour with her blues band, all we had really was each other. It was me that cooked and cleaned.
I decided not to put my nose where it didn't belong, besides I did not want to give Liv the satisfaction of thinking that I was jealous of her in anyway.

© Copyright 2012 Misty Crade (UN: babydoll_y2g at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Misty Crade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752491-Chapter-7-Girlfriend-Sorrell