*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752514-Chapter-I-The-Wakening
Rated: 18+ · Book · Drama · #1866485
What would you do if you woke up and the past 8 days where absent from your memory?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#752514 added October 8, 2012 at 6:18pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter I-The Wakening
He woke up with a start.His pale blue eyes shifted around the room, looking at it from top to bottom, seeing the pile of clothes scattered around the room, his pupils contracting back to normal and looking for any clues of where he may be. He laid eyes on a near by phone, his phone, and grabbed it to turn it on. The screen told him it was nine in the morning on the tenth of March.


"What?" he said under his breath. It can't be March tenth because the last thing he remembers was it being the first; pay day, everything after the first, the second to the ninth, is gone.


He hadn't been drinking, he gave that up after he turned eighteen two years ago, it caused way too many troubles. So what was it, drugs slipped into his soft drink? Jake climbed out of bed and stretched out his aching muscles and walked over to the mirror. He looked at himself in the reflection, rubbing the small gotee that was growing on his chin. His dirty blonde hair came past his ears and curled up at the end as if he were still wearing his hat. He noticed a fresh cut under his right eye and hadn't a clue where it came from. What happened the last eight days of his life? His phone started ringing and he ran over to pick it up.


"Hello?" he answered.


"Jake?" yelled a girls voice from the other end. "Oh my god, what has happened to you? I haven't heard from you since you got paid."


"Who is this?" Jake asked.


"It's Megan, are you alright?" she asked.


Megan, of course his long time best friend since first grade, how could he forget her voice.


"I-I'm not sure," he said. "I just woke up and..and I have not a clue what's happened. The past eight days seem to just be...gone. And I, er, I don't know what's going on, Megan, I need help. I'm..I'm really scared right now."


"Is there anything else wrong?" she was concerned now, Jake never admits to anyone how scared he is, he's usually never scared at all.


"No, I woke up at nine like any other normal day, except for the fact that eight days are completely absent from my memory. I'm freakin' panicking over here."


"I'll be over in ten," she said and he heard the click.


He looked down at his phone to see that she had hung up and tossed it onto his bed. He put his hands on his head and sat down, thinking; where had he gone, what had he done? It wasn't long before he heard a light knock on the door and he looked down at his clock; 9:17, that's her. He walked over to his door and barely opened it when a girl rushed in and had her arms embraced tightly around his neck, the smell of her sweet perfume teasing his nose. He hugged her back, resting his chin on her shoulder and trying to spit the random strands of strawberry blonde hair out of his mouth. She let go of him and looked deeply into his eyes with her pure green ones, a slight smile on her face.


"Would you like some coffee or something?" Jake asked softly and she nodded in return. Jake stretched out his arm and a full cup of coffee flew into his hand, then he handed it to her with a smile.


"Can't you just get me a cup like a normal person?" she asked, grabbing it from him.


"Nope, because I'm not a normal person," his smile got wider and he held up his hands, wiggling his fingers up and down, "I'm magical and shit"


She sighed and looked up at him carefully, causing the smile on Jake's face to fade. "I actually wanted to talk to you about that."


"About what?"


"About you being a little bit more than a normal person, and everyone else like you. What if the reason for your disapearance isn't just some accident, what if someone did this to you?"


Jake let out a quick, deep laugh, "You think a sorcerer did this to me? There's very few of us left in this world and every time one is born, the elders know, they get some kind of feeling or something. We all know each other and none of us are out to hurt one another."


"What if someone wants to take over? You're one of the richest and most powerful of them, so what if someone is after that power?"


"Megan, this isn't some Harry Potter shit. There are no good and evil, fighting over power and wealth. The world isn't this giant black and white fantasy that all the movies play it out to be, everyone is evil, simple as that really."


"Who else can do this to you? You can't get drunk, you can't get high or drugged up and no one can hurt you besides other sorcerers. I'm not even sure you guys are real sorcerers, there's just so much more behind you than that, more power."


"I can get drunk or high if I want, it is only a matter of turning of that switch, trust me, I do it often. And the power fact is true actually. The elders say that we are the decendants of a very acient race know as Fire Raiders that lived millions of years ago. So over time, some random children are gifted with the abilities of these Fire Raiders. So yes, we are much more than sorcerers."


"Who are these elders anyway? You talk about them all time, but you never really mention who they are.


"Cody and Neotasha; they're old, really old. They are original Fire Radiers and have stayed alive for so many years to make sure the planet would stay safe. It's funny really, neither of them look like they've aged past twenty five."


"Why have they never been mentioned in the history books or stories or anything? It's like they don't even exist."


"Exactly, they don't exist at all amongst normal people. They don't go out there making themselves known, they don't go out and do some bibical thing to save people, and on the rare occasion that they do, they'll take on false names like Moses or something. They aren't here to be rich or famous, they're here waiting; waiting for that period in time were the world is at a crisis that humans won't be able to deal with."


"We're starting to get off topic now, Jake. Think of someone who may want to see you guys suffer, or who is after something you don't know about."


"Well, there is Nate, he's always been a little sketchy to me and the fact that he came from a criminal life style. But there's nothing out there."


Megan took a large sip of your coffee and pierced her lips together slightly due to the heat of it. She, then walked over to the window and just stared out of it tapping the cup with her fingers, her class ring echoing against it. Jake studied her, to try and see what she was thinking, but he was distracted by the pure beauty the resonated from her. The strawberry blonde hair coming down just below her shoulders were a perfect silky smooth and straight, the piercing green eyes that had him freeze up every time she looked him in the face, and most of all the smile, which was absent from her face now, but when she wore it, it was the most amazing sight to him. She had perfect white teeth and the smile wasn't an awkward grin or an overly wide fake smile, but always perfectly between and very natural with no force at all, she was just a happy person all around.


Jake went up to Megan and grabbed her arm gently, turning her around. She faced him, looking directly into his eyes , causing him to freeze slightly. The pure emerald look of them were amazing and so unique, it was breath taking. She turn back around quickly with a grin forming on her face out of his sight; the feelings between them were mutual, but none have been brave enough to act on them.


"I'll look into, Megan," he said softly. "I can try and see if there is anything going on and see if someone was out for me for whatever reason."


"That would be great," she said, her smile widening. She turned back around with a large smile on her face and wrapped her arms around him again. She looked up at him and leaned up to kiss him, catching Jake off guard for a second, but then he kissed her back, locking their lips together and standing there for what seemed like a perfect life time.
© Copyright 2012 Kyle Peterson (UN: kybaby40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kyle Peterson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752514-Chapter-I-The-Wakening