*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762086-Chapter-2-Out-to-Find-Answers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Drama · #1866485
What would you do if you woke up and the past 8 days where absent from your memory?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#762086 added January 27, 2014 at 10:24pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2-Out to Find Answers
It's been about an hour since Megan left, but the taste of her sweet lip gloss was still lingering on his lips and he didn't mind it at all as he through clothes into a small suit case. It should've been full a few shirts ago, but he put a spell on it he learned to make it possible to put whatever he wanted in it. He's one of the two Fire Raider decendents who also had the unique talent of using the magic that still exsists in their world that the common people couldn't reach out of blindness, ignorance or fear, but he has mastered it quite well, along with the the top suspect now of what happened to him those past eight days, Nate. He was just throwing in his last pair of Nike skate shoes when he heard his door open and he instanly tensed up. His eyes narrowed to the living room and he clenched his fists together waiting for someone to attack him again, this time he'll be ready and won't be caught of gaurd.


"Jake!" it was Megan. "I think I may have found something."


She walked into his room, wearing her hair in a ponytail with Wisconsin Badger sweats and a red wife beater pully over her pink bra. He studied her carefully for a second before relaxing his fists and noticed a newspaper in her hand.


He grinned at her and said, "You know they'll choke during the Rose Bowl again this year."


She looked down at her sweat pants quickly and glared at him, "Shut up, they'll make, you'll see."


"Okay, we'll see about that, I suppose," he chuckled. "So, what did you find?"


She layed down the newspaper on his bed, opened to an article reading, 'Bakersfield Disappearances.' He leaned down slightly to read part of the article out loud.


"'The mass disappearances in Bakersfield, Wisconsin has had authorities baffled lately, it even has the FBI confused. There have been no traces of any of the missing persons found, is this a new and cleaver serial killer or some mass illness going throughout the small dairy village?' Well, that may be something, but why would someone take the trouble to do this and land themselves in the headline news, plus we're in Florida, that's quite the travel."


"Not for you it isn't," Megan replied and Jake shrugged his shoulders in agreement. "And it may not be one of you at all. I've looked into it quite a bit and there are rumors going around that it could be a vampire."


"A vampire, Megan?" Jake said. "C'mon, vampires have been extincted for somewheres up to five hundred years at least, they don't exsist in the modern day world."


"Yeah, and magical people don't exsist either," she looked up at him grinning while he rolled his eyes at her. "Look, I think it's just something to look into, you may even be able to help out a lot of people, when was the last time you did that?"


"A couple weeks ago, I'd say, but I'll head on over there to take a look at Dairyville."


"Great! Let's go."


"I think you mean something like, 'great, go on ahead.'"


"No, I mean let's go. As in you and me together to take a look at what is going on over there. I may be able to help out."


"Or you may get hurt, we don't know what's attack this town."


"Oh well, I'll be going anyway." She smiled quickly at him and then turned towards the door to walk out, waving her arm for Jake to follow her.


He just sighed and followed her out the door, jogging a little bit to catch up to her. When he got out the door, there was already a cab waiting for them.


"How do you think we're getting their exactly?" Jake asked.


"Well, I thought we'd either fly or drive up there," she said. "Unless you have another way?"


"Um, I can get there in a matter of seconds, Megan."


"Now what's the fun in that? Maybe traveling will help out too."


© Copyright 2014 Kyle Peterson (UN: kybaby40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kyle Peterson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762086-Chapter-2-Out-to-Find-Answers