*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752784-Flashbacks-and-Demons
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#752784 added May 13, 2012 at 10:18am
Restrictions: None
Flashbacks and Demons
Flashbacks and Demons

Today I will be working on my grade book for the EWW class. Is that a contradiction in terms (conundrum) or what? The class is ungraded and I’m working on my grade book. The reason I have one is to keep myself posted on all the things I am learning about my students to keep them vivid and distinct in my mind. In a classroom, where they are seated and in front of you, it is easy enough, however, in an E-class it is a bit more of a problem.

This evening will be my Grandson’s graduation ceremony. It is an opportunity for the family to get together and we have had a great time the past couple of days. I can’t believe how different my daughter’s sons are and the young men they are developing into.

Tomorrow and Tuesday we will be traveling back to Wisconsin so I won’t be doing any blogs those days. I only mention this in the outside chance anyone out there will wonder where I am. My daughter says that people don’t really notice all that much what we do.

Often I will have a flashback on something I said that was inappropriate and cringe. My daughter says, “Don’t do that! Nobody was probably paying attention to begin with…. Forget it!” It is good advice but I still cringe when the past creeps unexpected onto the video of my imagination.

The example she gives is a cocktail party. Everybody is concerned about how they look and nobody pays any real mind to what everyone else is wearing…. Unless it is particularly different or revealing… However, their focus tends to be on themselves and nobody really pays that much attention to what you are saying or wearing unless you really go to the extreme.

And yet we come home and analyze everything we said, thinking that others were really listening. She calls it a “Conceit” when we worry about what others think when really they don’t notice or could care less. There’s some truth to that…. Still it’s hard to let go of the demons we create for ourselves.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752784-Flashbacks-and-Demons