*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752755-My-Grandsons-Book-Report
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#752755 added May 12, 2012 at 3:49pm
Restrictions: None
My Grandson's Book Report
My Grandson’s First Book Review

I was at a loss for words for my blog this morning and I asked for my grandson to help me come up with something. He is in the seventh grade and told me the following story.

I asked my mom if she could help me with a book project.

She said “Sure…. Start out with the power-point,” and so I did… A PowerPoint presentation is a kind of Micro-Soft Office app that allows you to make a slide show.

The idea my mom and me come up with was to make the presentation look like a book. So we made the cover look sort of like a book. It was red and gold.

The book that I used was Marley and Me and I thought it was a very interesting book. My brothers recommended it and I thought--- why don’t I read it.

Actually I had put the homework off and had read Marley and Me at the last minute-- In about forty-five minutes.

I knew I was going to need a title, intro, plot, characters and recommendations. So I prepared them the way I was supposed to. In my basement I had to work on my mother’s computer, and suddenly as I was typing, wasps came flowing out of my mom’s desk. It wasn’t a big swarm, just three to five wasps.

I quickly ran upstairs and my parents gave me a fly swatter. When I went downstairs it was as if the wasps never existed.

So I went to work and thought to myself, “I guess I’m OK now.”

And then a bigger swarm comes out of the desk and I start to swat and swat and swat and finally there was only one left and I took off my shoe and threw it at him.

With all the wasps dead I could finally return to my project.

So for the title I made it have the book cover on the front, and for the introduction, introduced the starting of the book. Then I did the part that was one of my favorites. This was the plot. After explaining I put these dogs to circling around the page, by using the editing buttons that allows you to choose certain effects.

After the plot I did setting, which was mostly about New York. For recommendations I gave my honest opinion and said that I recommend the book to dog lovers and girls.

After doing the project I shifted to the next level, which was presenting to my parents the presentation, and they thought it was amazing. With that done I went to school the next morning and realized I had four hours to wait before I could give my presentation.

When the time arrived, I gave the presentation and the students loved it. They particularly liked how I looked professional in the tuxedo I was wearing. This told me that I did a good job and probably I should do more power points when I did my book reports.

However, the teacher told us we could not use the same formats more than once. So for the next project I decided to use Popsicle sticks and cut out pictures. That is another story.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752755-My-Grandsons-Book-Report