*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752809-Im-stepping-my-game-up
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #956430
Here I am!
#752809 added May 13, 2012 at 9:05pm
Restrictions: None
I'm stepping my game up...
...taking reviews and taking names.

I think it's time I stopped talking about my revision of "Visionary Part 1: 1st Draft and showed everyone what the end result is.

"Visionary(Novel Version) - Excerpt 1 is still based on the same concept, but showcases the new characters I had inject into the story to turn it into a full length novel. Natrea, the main character, has a little sister, and new associates in the form of Sugar Free.

What's interesting is that Sugar Free existed in a separate piece of work, an untitled rock opera I completed about two years ago. Also, the members of Sugar Free make an appearance in "Friendship Part 2 and "Friendship Part 3, in slightly different forms. I'm not trying to build my own little universe, but I figure, what the hell. I like the band and their little group dynamics.

I also wanted to build the relationship between Judy and Natrea. Originally, since Visionary was going to be a novella, it was going to be a wham-bam relationship overnight. But the more I thought about it, with the centuries worth of issues between them, and the constant assault of visions, modern-day homophobia, racism, and sexism, that they would have to contend with, it would be anything but an easy relationship. Especially since they knew each other so well. I think Judy and Natrea playing the roles of chaser and chasee would be more appropriate given their character histories.

So, I hope that explained the changes between the novel version, and the original.

I'm offering 225 worth of gps for reviews, so if you're curious, check it out and tell me what you think.

Later!

© Copyright 2012 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752809-Im-stepping-my-game-up