*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752837-Chapter-8
Rated: 18+ · Book · Dark · #1867565
???????????????????
#752837 added May 14, 2012 at 3:53am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 8
Chapter 8





         By the time Friday rolled around Jimmy was nearly bouncing off the walls. He looked like a dog ready to spring after a favorite ball every time she moved her arm or looked away…





         Kyra was engrossed in writing a rather... detailed  when the doorbell rang...Which nearly sent her through the roof.





Ding….Dong!





         Kyra got down from the ceiling and stepped off her chair as she muttered dejectedly about yet another intrusion into her thought process. Taking a deep breath she absentmindedly walked down the creaky stairs.





         Upon opening the door she discovered Jimmy standing there  with a look of excitement on his face. His excitement was so great that he couldn’t hold it all in and it nearly brimmed from his ears.





         "Oh geez... Jimmy, I forgot all about the concert... I'm sorry... Let me get dressed?" She said seeing his disappointment of her not being ready.





         "Come in." she stated, clutching his shirt and nearly dragging him inside.





         Jimmy lurched forward.





         "I won’t be long." she nearly whispered in his ear, as she leaned to him and closed the door. Before he could respond she disappeared up the stairs and into her bedroom.





         Pulling several things from her closet she lay them on her bed, trying to determine the perfect outfit. It was down to her favorite blue jeans and Kool Kat T-shirt, or her black slacks and grey shirt. Such a difficult decision wouldn’t come easily.





         She returned to the closet and withdrew her second favorite outfit. Her mixed fabric pants somewhat glossy but not overly so. Her BDU's as she often referred to them. Reaching into the closet behind her she grabbed a matching shirt…or so she thought.





         Instead she had selected a leather brazier with gold braid and brass chains for straps. "No, I don’t think Jimmy is ready!" Returning it to the closet, she found the matching shirt.





         She held the clothes up in front of the mirror to get a feel for what would look good without embarrassing the kid. The Kool Kat t-shirt looked like she was trying too hard to impress him and her black slacks with grey shirt was too dressy for the occasion. It was her BDU’s or nothing………..





         She quickly slipped into the clothes, looked at herself in the bathroom mirror and thought that she would forgo makeup for  tonight considering the rush.





         Dressed and ready for a night of loud music, she went downstairs to collect her sixteen year old date, that is what she called him.





         They walked out the door that connects the garage to the house and around the neighbor’s dog.





         “Hi Buffet, Daddy not home?” She asked the dog. He responded with a tail thump, hitting her high up on the outside of the thigh.





         Kyra had to pet him to get him out of the way and she shut the car door, started the engine and he ran behind the car as she backed out slowly. Buffet excitedly ran the length of the driveway beside the car and followed the car to the end of the street and stopped, dropped his tail. He looked a little lonely…








© Copyright 2012 Korath Mindsthrall (UN: vivienthompson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Korath Mindsthrall has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752837-Chapter-8