*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752980-This-ones-about-the-weather
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#752980 added May 16, 2012 at 6:16pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the weather.
THE PROMPT: "Invalid Entry

Good afternoon from the sunny, breezy suburbs of Buffalo! Bonnie14222 has a pretty interesting entry today, and I'd like to add my two cents to it. Keep the change *Wink*.

I truly think I do suffer from some form of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). And I actually spoke to a therapist once who agreed, even though she herself was a little on the, ummm, let's just say she was a little on the odd side. What is SAD?

http://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/seasonal-affective-disorder

Read about it yourselves. I'm too lazy to explain it to you. *Smirk*

My SAD is more like a manic/depressive version. I get the typical winter version. Something about the cold and snow always seems to cast a cloud of gloom over me. Irritability is like spare change in the penny jar on the counter. I want to do less, see less, be less. I will, in fact, cop to having a "Brian Wilson" experience one winter. I barely left the house, I slept all the time, and was out of focus and sorts when I wasn't sleeping. Having lived through that though was a calming learning experience, in only the sense that I wish not to do that again.

But in the summer, my mood levels are drastically different. Not to sound corny (CLICHE ALERT!!), but springtime really does seem to put a spring in my step. The sun and its warmth really do make a difference. I want to go places, and not just go places, but go places with an exclamation point added for emphasis. I don't just want to party, I want to be the party. Everything just seems more open and alive when the sun's out and the weather's warm. And that, folks, is a feeling I never want to chase away.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Ahhhh, yes, he's back, ladies and gentlemen! Back up in this concert hall of internet loveliness, at least. The only man that will ever be described with words that come out of my mouth as being "The Sexiest Man Alive", from the Canadas of your romantic old souls, I give you this...



VITAL STATS:

Lotta running around today. The hospital for bloodwork, the bank, the grocery store...all to find the last two destinations didn't need to happen. One of the boys was going to bring his girlfriend over for dinner, so we needed food, which meant we needed money, which is now money we didn't have to spend on food that we're not going to eat today because the kid decided to stay at her house for dinner. Which is good, 'cuz I don't feel like cooking and I'm still pretty set after the bagel from Tim Hortons inside Tops.

And that's been my day in a nutshell of sorts. Cashews, to be exact. When I'm ever explaining something in a nutshell, be aware that the nut I'm speaking of is a cashew. Glad we've cleared that up. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752980-This-ones-about-the-weather