*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753153-Summertime-Blues
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#753153 added May 20, 2012 at 3:49am
Restrictions: None
Summertime Blues
So, it's arrived.

The Olympic torch is now on British soil and has been the main feature of every news report and advertisement in the last twenty-four hours. Sixty-nine more days of tracking its progress and all the hype that goes with it and I might just leave the country or drown myself in the nearest Olympic sized pool. It's so cold at present I think those carrying it to its final destination in London will be stuffing it up their jumpers or down their trousers just to keep warm.

But before we're subjected to wall to wall sport for twenty four hours a day we have all the hysteria and false jollity of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee to endure. I'm no Royalist as you may have gathered and feel rather peeved that during my lifetime there's only been one bum sitting on that throne. Not that the heir is anything to write home about either. I must confess to feeling rather nervous as to whether our security can cope with two major consecutive events, but that's a complex topic.

In other news I am seriously attempting to lose a bit of weight. Last time I did the body test on my Wii Fit it asked where I'd been and who else was standing on the footboard. Drastic measures must be taken. I've done it before and I can do it again. It's not exactly rocket science, just hard work and bloody annoying when you have a partner who is constantly snacking and eats twice as much as you do. Sitting on his bum is about as much exercise as he gets apart from the odd round of golf so I'm coming around to the idea of passive calories. He does the eating and I gain the weight.

The nightly crunch session continues. I did a bit of calculating and came to the conclusion that a packet of crisps every night adds up to 48140 calories a year. As it's a leap year you can add another 132 to that. While I know how to lose weight I still can't understand why he isn't the size of a beached whale. Maybe sitting watching sport on TV burns a lot of calories? Perhaps I ought to sit glued to the Olympics after all and hope some passive physical activity will help my cause.


© Copyright 2012 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753153-Summertime-Blues