*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753231-This-ones-about-the-embarrassing-moment
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#753231 added May 20, 2012 at 9:03pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the embarrassing moment.
THE PROMPT: "One of My Embarrassing Moments"

What's up, players? I've got a steak marinating and a grill ready to fry it up nice. Plenty of PBR in the fridge to wash it all down. blainecindy has me turnin' off the music for today's prompt.

As per my own personal protocol, I shut the music off when I'm writing. Closed out Facebook too. Don't need any distractions when I'm making magic out of words with less than four syllables.

Now, what I'm about to share isn't an embarrassing moment for me, per se. I would never do that. Why would I? I mean, I'm <insert awesome verb I insinuated I was a week or two ago that I can't remember now> swaggering swagger. But the situation I'm about to relate could be embarrassing, depending on the cast of characters.

FROM THE FILES OF RETAIL HELL, AN EXCLUSIVE!

I may have told this story before. And if I haven't, well, I haven't told a good story lately about lube. So here's one.

G-Stamm takes a call from a customer. It appears that she's found a receipt from our store amongst her husband's belongings. "Can you explain to me what these things are?" she asked.

At the time, our receipts were pretty basic. The descriptions of products were very abbreviated. And as for this conversation, they went like this (more or less):

DRX 12 LUBR SENS
K-Y 3.8OZ

And this woman is legitimately concerned. So my boy jots down what he hears, and checks it out. Turns out it was a 12-pack of Durex condoms and a bottle of lube.

The woman was aghast. "What would my husband need that for??" she asked. Well, I guess if you have to ask, you'll never know. *Smirk*

Poor lady.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

In honor of the official busting-out of the grill (apologies to the Sahlen's hot dogs we had last month...because marinated steak is that much better), I offer this...



VITAL STATS:

*Exclaim* Here's an embarrassing article I read today in The Buffalo News: https://www.tampabay.com/news/perspective/the-levi-strauss-miracle-diet/1230791

It's funny that it's not on TBN's website, and this is one of the sites that came up when I Google'd it.

Ugh. I'm gonna get in the shower. I'm wiped out from the little weeding I did, the bringing out of the yard accessories, and a nice meal. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753231-This-ones-about-the-embarrassing-moment