*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753719-Snow--Sorry-But-I-couldnt-Accept-This-Gift
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#753719 added May 29, 2012 at 2:43pm
Restrictions: None
Snow ~ Sorry But I couldn't Accept This Gift
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 ~ MAY 2012 FOLLOW ME BLOGGING CHALLENGE prompt is Sorry But I couldn't Accept This Gift by 30DBC Creator/Founder


Sorry, but I couldn't Accept This Gift!
It’s beautiful,
it’s exquisite,
but there are just too many strings attached.

***


“Sorry, but I couldn't Accept This Gift,” Lora said as she handed the package back to Gregory. “I know that you went out of you way to get it and spent a lot of money, but I just can’t accept it.”

“Why?” Greg studied the expression on her face.

“I like you as a friend, Gregory, and this,” she pointed at the small brightly wrapped gift in his right hand. “This is the type of gift you give to a lover, to someone who can spend the rest of her life with you.”

“Lora, what makes you think it’s a diamond engagement ring?”

“It is, isn’t it, Greg?”

“Yes,” his brow wrinkled, “but how did you know? Did you see me go into the jewelry store? Did Candace tell you?”

“No,” she knew she had to be careful what she said or she would reveal the powers that neither Gregory nor anyone else in the village would understand. “It was the way you kissed last night. That was the type of kiss you give to someone you love passionately.”

“You didn’t object then,” he frowned and then he remembered her reaction. She had fled into her cottage without saying good-bye or returning the kiss. “Oh, I surprised you.”

“Yes,” she patted his hand. “I’m sorry if I...”

“You didn’t do anything wrong, Lora. I love you so much that I jumped to the conclusions that...” He sighed, “What do I do with this ring now? I can’t take it back because it was on sale, so I paid cash and...”

“And as usual, Mr. Wade makes all sales items non-returnable.”

“You can either sell it to someone else or donate it to the cathedral. I understand that Father Joseph is requesting donations to reconstruct the sanctuary.”

“I’ve volunteered to help in the construction process, besides I don’t think Father Joseph would like receiving an engagement ring in the donation box. So...” he smiled and kissed Lora on her right cheek. “I think I’ll donate it anonymously to Morton. He’s been trying to persuade Maize marry him.”

“Greg, I...”

“It’s all right, Lora, I hope we can still be friends.”

“Of course, Greg, you’ll always be my friend.”

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753719-Snow--Sorry-But-I-couldnt-Accept-This-Gift