*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753955-Chapter-13-Tonight-Kenyon
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1864211
A series I wrote that is loosely based on Twilight about Wolf Shifters
#753955 added June 1, 2012 at 11:06pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 13: Tonight Kenyon
Chapter 13: Kenyon



The night was a total disaster. Liv complained about the place from the moment we drove up. Apparently she had finer tastes in cuisine. The waitress, I guess was the last straw, of course she had to make a scene in front of a crowded restaurant, and splash the neighboring table's red wine on my favorite light blue button up shirt before calling her "boy friend" and storming out.
Randall winced. "Ouch."
I stood up to shake myself off and to assess the damage. Great. I thought. Then I smelled the soothing smell of peaches, and it eased my nerves a bit. Without even saying anything else, she was examining my shirt. My heart went into a fluttering rage having her so close.
"I can get this out." she assured. "Come with me."
She lead me to the back of the restaurant into a large kitchen, one that almost didn't seem to match the restaurant. The front looked like a quaint cottage, but it was the back of the house that looked like a five star restaurant. Sterling steel appliances looked so shiny I could make out my reflection. Everything was so shine, and the aromas, everything from hot seafood gumbo, et tu fait, to Charlotte's world famous beignets was prepared in this kitchen. I had only received the scraps and leftovers in a dish left out for me, which was delectable even then, but now everything smelled so fresh. I fought the urge to pant as my mouth watered.
"Wait here." She said and disappeared into the kitchen crowded with chefs. She came back with a plastic bottle of a sparkling substance, I had assumed was club soda. "Take off your shirt."
I did as she had asked. I took off my shirt and handed it to her. "Come on." She said, and lead me to one of the washing sinks in the back of the kitchen. She poured the club soda on the wine stain and it began to vanish almost instantly. She then began to rub the sides around the stain together and when she held out the spot again, the spot was gone. It was like magic.
"Oh my gosh! You are a life saver!" I had not realized that I had snatched the shirt from her admiring her work.
"It's no big. You must really be attached to that shirt." She smiled.
"It was my dad's."
Her eyes had a sorrowful concerned look on his face. "Was?" She repeated. "Is he…?"
"No." I corrected. "He is just really sick. I haven't seen him in years."
"I'm so sorry." She whispered, beginning to tear up. I began to feel bad for making her cry.
"It's okay!" I assured her. "My dad will pull through. I know he will."
She smiled again.
"I'm sorry about your date."
"Don't be. We were doomed from the beginning."
"I don't know why you went there anyway. You could do so much better."
I looked in to her beautiful brown eyes. "I'll be sure to keep my eyes open."
She smiled and turned away. "Good, because you never know when a good thing is staring you in the face."
I could not help but grin from ear to ear. When she looked back at me, I tried to keep a straight face. "Then I will definitely keep my eyes open." There was an awkward moment of silence that, prompted me to make my way out the door.
"Kenyon?"
I turned around to see her deep eyes staring back into mine.
"Why didn't you ask me?"
My heart sputtered. "Excuse me?"
"Why didn't you ask me, you know, to be your girlfriend?"
I just stood there with my mouth open while a million words went through my head that simply wouldn't come out. I have wanted to ask you to be my girlfriend since the day I laid eyes on you, you beautiful perfect angelic creature.
"Kenyon!"
I looked over toward the door to the kitchen. Randy was peaking in.
"Kenyon, it is getting late. We have to go."
I looked back at Sorrell, she wasn't even looking back at me anymore. My heart just stopped.
"I'll see you at school Sorrell."
"Okay, see you!" She still was not looking back at me she just walked back into the dining room.
I put back on my shirt and headed out with Randy and his date looking at the ground the entire time. I sat in the back seat of the Yukon Ro let us borrow for our double date and made a promise to myself, the she would know how I felt if it was the last thing I did.

© Copyright 2012 Misty Crade (UN: babydoll_y2g at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Misty Crade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753955-Chapter-13-Tonight-Kenyon