*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753956-Chapter-14-Sweet-Dreams-Sorrell
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1864211
A series I wrote that is loosely based on Twilight about Wolf Shifters
#753956 added June 1, 2012 at 11:10pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 14: Sweet Dreams Sorrell
Chapter 14: Sorrell

The beautiful cricket song rang in my ear, the air was warm, and I could smell the delicious concoctions from the kitchen, and my eyes took in the moon beams dancing over the river's surface. I sighed, as I decided that this was one of my favorite places to be in the world. I closed my eyes and breathed in the air.
"There you are." A familiar voice cut into my thoughts and made my heart skip a beat.
I opened my eyes again, and looked toward the kitchen where the sound was coming from. My eyes met two deep brownish hazel eyes, and equally as impressive gleaming white perfect smile in amid the most perfectly ripe lips I had ever seen. He still had on the silk sky blue shirt, it was unbuttoned and the hint of his built chest gleamed in the dim light. He was gorgeous.
"Kenyon!" I whispered. I then cleared my throat coming to my senses. "Kenyon, I thought you left."
He let out a small chuckle. "I forgot something."
"Did you live it in the dining room? Maybe I can help you find it."
He chuckled and shook his head. "I already found it!" He smiled.
My stomach fluttered intensely. I let out a shallow breath, but it was obstructed by Kenyon's thick soft lips. He then embraced me. He was incredibly warm, and his arms seemed to fit perfectly around me. My heart was beating out of control.
When our lips parted, my knees felt like jell-o and would give at any moment. He rested his forehead on mine looking into my eyes as if waiting for a reaction. I did not know how to react. I was still recovering.
"Sorrell!" He whispered. The sound of my name coming out of his mouth made my heart pick up speed. I thought I was going to have a heart attack right at that very moment. "There is something I need to tell you." I looked in his eyes. There were filled with sincerity and urgency.
"O-okay." I stuttered.
He bit his lip. He began to say something but a loud growl interrupted. I looked over toward the woods, and there was Rufus showing his row of sharp teeth, hunched down as if he was ready to pounce in our directions. He no longer had the kind puppy eyes he usually had when he came to see me, no they seemed possessed.
"Rufus?" I had never seen Rufus like this before. He had his eyes on Kenyon. He growled louder. Kenyon took a slow step back and Rufus barked loudly.
"No Rufus!"
Rufus sprang in the air and landed right on top of Kenyon and began clawing and biting at Kenyon. I watched in horror as Kenyon flailed his arms trying to fight Rufus of, and let out gut wrenching screams. Then suddenly I realized that I was the one screaming in shear terror.
Kenyon's body went limp and Rudus's head shot up. He quickly turned around his blood stained nozzle still bearing all of his sharp teeth. He was coming closer. I tried to run but I could not even move. He then crouched down and pounced in my direction.
"Nooooooooooooo!"
I woke up in cold sweat. A soft breeze came in from the window blowing back my curtains and letting the moon light in through my gossamer drapes. I let out a slow sigh, trying to calm down. It was just a dream. I told myself. I lay back down, trying to get back to sleep, but the dream rattled me to the core.
I thought of my mother and how she used to sing me back to sleep when I had a nightmare. I thought hard to remember the words. Then they came to me. Choked up, I began singing.
Do you know where you're going to?
Do you like the things that life is showing you?
Where are you going to?

© Copyright 2012 Misty Crade (UN: babydoll_y2g at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Misty Crade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753956-Chapter-14-Sweet-Dreams-Sorrell