*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753966-This-ones-about-the-30-Day-Blog-Challenge
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#753966 added June 1, 2012 at 11:32pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the 30-Day Blog Challenge.
THE PROMPT: "What Blogging Challenge format do you prefer - the structured format of April or the looser format of May's Follow Me. As always, explain why, give examples etc, etc If you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, just give us a rundown of your blogging history."

Good evening everyone...welcome to day one of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS! Before I get into my entry, one question for either Thundersbeard 30DBC JULY HOST or 30DBC Creator/Founder ...is this month official or not? Thunders says it is; Earl has stated otherwise. Just wanna know what's goin' on, boys. Doesn't matter much to me anyway.

So, I'm sure the masses are dying to hear about whether I prefer the structure of the April challenge, or the "Follow Me" format of May. Like my vote's gonna be the final say or something. I'll say this...both are pretty equal in my book, but if I had to choose one, it'd be the April version.

See, I typically don't want to read anyone else's entry until I've written mine. I don't want the information of even one person throwing me off when I'm thinking about the prompt. Or maybe I just want the piece of mind knowing that I didn't coincidently write the same thing as someone else. Even though I feel that with "Follow Me", a lot of our entries didn't sound like other contestants' entries, but in our own words (something that seemed like it happened pretty regularly in April).

If I had to say something nice about May's challenge, (besides the lesser amount of similar entries) it would have to be that writing an entry based on another entry rather than a sentence or two does allow for more wiggle room with your blogging license. An entry can go in a lot more directions, rather than being driven down a tunnel where we all meet up at the end.

But what seals it for me as to why I like the structure of April is that if I have a shitty day and have nothing to write about in a "Follow Me" month, I don't have to come up with a boring entry that seems impossible to follow. When you're stuck like that, it's easier to come up with one or two sentences than it is to build something out of nothing.

That's my take. I know a lot of you feel differently, and that's cool. But whatevski. It's writing. To paraphrase the movie Tommy Boy, you can take a crap in a box, and I'll write something about it. Porbably about how nasty I think you are for crapping in a box and telling me to kick a few words about it.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

I'm not gonna lie; this song bugs the ever-lovin' outta me. It plays at work at least six times in an eight hour shift. I cringe when I hear it. But I'll be damned if it's the only song I know where the singer sings the word "blog". I'm sure there are plenty out there that exists, but this one is the only one that's driven into my brain with a vocal sledgehammer through my aural cavity. It makes me want to harm the crazies. Wait...maybe I'm on to something with the relationship between this song and my perceived "behavioral issues" at work. Hold on...human resources is on line one...



VITAL STATS:

*Cart* So I've pretty much been up since 5:30am (it's 11:12pm as of this typing), and I'll have to be up again in the morning to take {suser:justjessica1) to work at 6am before I turn around and hit Wagland at 8. And the mess I walked into today was bad...like, on a scale of 1-10, it was easily an 8 (or an 8.4 out of 12, for my friends using the metric operating system). A sheving unit holding a few shelves of hand soap mysteriously ripped itself out of the wall overnight (a nearly-impossible fix for us who aren't very handy), throwing up its contents all over the floor. Luckily, only a couple suffered from internal leakage. And my boss wasn't in, nor was anyone scheduled in photo or as an extra person for the salesfloor. So the manager and I unloaded truck, I ran one of the busiest labs in the district, came home, couldn't nap 'cuz I got stuck at work a few minutes late, had to get speaker wire (see below), we were doing dinner with Jess' sis and bro-in-law, and here I am now, barely legible and nearing midnight. Like I said, staring at another 5:30am wake-up call. Yikes.

*Buttonplay* On the plus side, I did a markdown on a JVC dvd player, and luckily we still had one left in stock, so I got it for The ManCave. $54.99, down to $26.99, and then after my 15% emploee discount, wound up paying $22.94 plus tax. By the end of the weekend I'll have that hooked up along with the sound system, and I'll finally be able to get some use out of this tv sitting in my basement. I just wish we'd figure out what the hell we're doing with our satellite tv situation, so I can actually watch a hockey or football game down here once in awhile.

And that's it for tonight...another busy day tomorrow though. After work we're heading to the local Greek Festival, where we may try to meet up with G-Stamm and his wifey-to-be for some eats, and then it's off to my boy Adam's house for Game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals. A good day ruined by working, as I like to say. Hope the start to your weekend is better. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753966-This-ones-about-the-30-Day-Blog-Challenge