*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753968-Chapter-25-Una-Noche-Kenyon
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1864211
A series I wrote that is loosely based on Twilight about Wolf Shifters
#753968 added June 1, 2012 at 11:39pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 25: Una Noche Kenyon
Chapter 25: Kenyon



It was an exhausting week of carefully planning the weekend with, but I was a better mood than I had been in a long time. There was just a small issue with fall-out from a couple of members of the football team, it was two of Darrius' closest friends Sam and Eric. The worse confrontation was one on the way to second period. I was at my locker and could hear their conversation, but I didn't have to use my hearing abilities to hear eavesdrop, I knew that the conversation was meant for meant for me to hear.
"See that is what we get for allowing cross-dressers on the team. Now we are out a good quarterback." Sam was the bigger of the two and of course his voice the deepest. I could pick out his voice anywhere.
"Now we will never make it to the championship, and it’s all this little girl's fault." Eric was pretty average built, it was obvious, he wouldn't be so confident around me is he wasn't around Sam.
I bit my bottom lip as I heard their footsteps stop directly behind me. Walk away. Just walk away. I could hear Randy and Satordi's voices in my head.
"If it isn't our friend Kenya." Sam taunted.
"Nice hair goldilocks." Eric continued.
I could taste the blood being drawn from my lip, so I began to suck my lip. I took a deep breath and turned around and tried to walk but they both blocked my path.
"I don't want any trouble." I said. "I just want to get to class."
Sam poked his bottom lip out. "If you want us to move, make us. Bet can't take us both."
I smiled to myself thinking of me taking them on that challenge, but I wasn't going to. I was a rapid healer, and I was still sore two days later from Satordi's single blow to my chest. I wondered where Randy was when I needed him.
"I am sorry about your fri-" just as I tried to apologize about Darrius, Sam smacked me across the face. My cheeks burned and my body began to itch. I clinched my teeth, grabbed Sam by his collar. He was at least a couple of inches taller than me, around Randy's height.
His eyes were open wide in panic. "What the hell is up your eyes?"
"The better to see you with, my dear!" I smiled revealing my sharp canine teeth that were now prominent.
"What's up with his teeth?"
"I am only going to say this once; leave me alone!" I shoved Sam into a locker hard enough to make my point but short enough not to make a noticeable dent and just walked away.
"You are a freak Phalan!" He called out.
I just kept walking wondering if I had done the right thing or if I would regret the aftermath from what had just transpired. Satordi is going to kill me.
When I got home I decided not to tell Satordi what happened. I decided it did not want a replay of the other night.
That night it was difficult sleep, it was like Christmas morning. I didn’t even get her at Charlotte's in my wolf form, because I was still trying to get everything as perfect as I could before her and her family came the next day. I was able to get a few priceless hours of sleep.
I woke up just missing Aunt Talya leaving. Now I had to get ready. Kit braided my hair in cornrows and I slept with a dorag so there wasn't much of my hair care are rituals to do, I just had to find the perfect outfit and hope in the shower.
I got finished getting dressed in the nick of time. I could see Mr. Garnett's Taurus pulling up the main dirt road from my bedroom window. I jumped down the entire flight of stairs, and flew out the door past Randy who was still looking out the window in the downstairs front room.
It was go time!

© Copyright 2012 Misty Crade (UN: babydoll_y2g at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Misty Crade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753968-Chapter-25-Una-Noche-Kenyon