*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753967-Chapter-24-Love-You-More-Sorrell
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1864211
A series I wrote that is loosely based on Twilight about Wolf Shifters
#753967 added June 1, 2012 at 11:33pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 24: Love You More Sorrell
Chapter 24: Sorrell



I was actually glad to be back at school. I was even happier when I found out that the rumor that Kenyon put Darrius in his place was true. I decided not to sit with my usual friends at lunch. Instead I decided to sit with Kenyon. I preferred to sit with him alone. I knew that was almost unlikely because he was surrounded by people.
"Kenyon," I said sitting down. "Would you mind if we talked alone?"
He smiled warmly. "Of course not."
"I don't want to pull you away from your friends."
"I am sure they'll survive without me." He laughed.
We both took our lunch trays and I decided to sit outside in the amphitheater, since not many people were ever out there. We found a small table in the corner and sat down.
"I'm so glad to see you're feeling better." He said.
I smiled. "I am feeling a lot better, thank you. I wanted to talk to you about what happened yesterday."
His smile faded and he sunk his head. "You heard about that, huh?"
"Everybody is talking about how you beat the snot out of Darrius."
"And he might not be able to play football again, and neither will I." The look on his face was full of remorse.
"Why do you have to be so noble? I am sure he will think twice before he does that again."
"I know. I guess I just scared myself. I have just never been that angry before." He looked into my eyes.
"Kenyon, you are a good guy and I don't think that you meant to hurt him, but I can't say I feel bad that you did." A guilty feeling came over me. "Does that make me a bad person?"
He smiled again. "No, of course not! You're not a bad person Sorrell."
The sound of my name again gave me butterflies. "But that wasn't what I wanted to talk to you about."
"What did you need to talk to me about?"
"About what we talked about the other night."
He raised his eyebrows. "What about the other night."
"About the girl that you are in love with."
He looked at me curiously. "What about her?"
"I want to help you get her."
He raised his eyebrows again looking surprised as he fell back in his chair and then began to chuckle.
My cheeks burned with embarrassment. "What's so funny? You don't think I can?"
"No." I started to get up but He placed his hands on top of mine on the table. "Of course not! Please don't think that."
I pressed my lips together and once again settled in my seat. "Then, what is it?"
"It's-"
"Complicated." I finished. Then it came to me. I looked at him wide eyed. "Oh my gosh, I'm so stupid" I looked at him sincerely. " you're scared that she might not love you back."
His face fell in his palms and Then he shook his head. Then rested his cheek on his hand. "You're right Sorrell and I think you should just quit while you're ahead, because this is hopeless."
I held his other hand. "Let me try!" I begged. "You have done so much for me, it is the least I can do. You have been such a great friend, and I want to do something for you. Please?"
He studied my hand interlocked in his, and brought his glance back up to my face. He let out a long sigh. "Okay, Sorrell!"
I smiled in jubilation. "Great! You won't regret this. I want to know everything about her, what she likes, who she is,…"
"Why don't you come to my house this weekend and I will tell you everything. You can bring your family out too."
"Okay great!" I said content. I had to admit that I hated having to wait until the weekend. I wanted to get started right away. Even more I wanted to meet this girl. She had to be very amazing for him to love her for such a long time.
The bell rang for s to go to the next period and we both headed to class together, I even sat with him and while my dad was teaching, I slipped him a note.
What is her name?
I watched him scribble something on the paper and hand it back. I looked at the sketchy handwriting under mine.
Saturday.
I crossed my arms. Who could this girl be? I thought. That would boggle me for the rest of the week and not that I didn't try to get it out of him for the next two days and for two days he had the same response. Saturday.

© Copyright 2012 Misty Crade (UN: babydoll_y2g at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Misty Crade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753967-Chapter-24-Love-You-More-Sorrell