*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753973-Chapter-30--1000-Kisses-Kenyon
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1864211
A series I wrote that is loosely based on Twilight about Wolf Shifters
#753973 added June 1, 2012 at 11:51pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 30: 1,000 Kisses Kenyon
Chapter 30: Kenyon



The next two weeks were pure heaven. Especially taking Sorrell on our first date, I wanted to take her to the fanciest, most expensive restaurant in town, but Sorrell wanted to go to a little diner, that supposedly had the best burgers in town. I have to say that they didn't disappoint, they didn't even look at me crazy when I asked for a rare burger.
The two weeks flew buy and I was looking forward to a long term relationship with Sorrell, and one day I wanted to make her my wife and lifelong mate. Everything was wonderful until one evening I had gotten home late from school after taking Sorrell home, when Aunt Talya was waiting for me by the door.
"How was school?" She asked. Her voice sent chills up my spine and made the hair on my neck stand on end.
"Fine." I said and kept walking.
"It must have been fine, for two weeks you have come home late, had that goofy smile of your face, so I take it that school has been 'fine' for two weeks." Her eyes narrowed.
I grit my teeth. "What is your point Talya?"
"I don't know who she is, and I don't care." She said. "All I know is that it is time for this little high school love affair to end."
My heart dropped out of my chest. "You can't tell me what to do!"
Her eyes widened. "What did you say?"
I grit my teeth harder and spoke slower so she could understand. "I said, 'you can't tell me what to do!"
"As your legal guardian, I do believe I have authority over you Kenyon. Now, this relationship with this little air headed high school girl is over. Do you understand me?" Her nostrils flared.
I came close to her, and was in her face. "You don't scare me!"
"You have no idea, what I am capable of Kenyon. Now I suggest you dump this girl, or I will, and trust me, not in a nice manner."
I wondered what she meant was she going to hurt Sorrell. Tell her something awful about me? Tell her the truth about me? I didn't care, about Sorrell knowing the truth. I wanted her to know the truth, but somehow I knew that whatever Aunt Talya would say to Sorrell, would ruin my chances with her indefinably. Although, I did not think that she would apply any physical harm to her, somehow I just didn't want to underestimate her.
"You will dump her tomorrow, or I will come up to that school."
I the animal in me wanted to rip her limb, to limb, but I resisted the urge and went up to my room, and threw everything I could get my hands on. I then ran outside and just screamed as loud as I could. I then ran to our oak tree, made sure no one was around, plopped down and began sobbing with my head between my legs.
I can't wait until I'm eighteen. I thought to myself. I was going to take Sorrell and run far away from here and there would be nothing that she could do about it. Randy would be the alpha without me, but I would come back from time to time to check in on him, but me and Sorrell would get married, have a family, and have a normal life, just like my parents. They would never know I was a shifter. I would get a job and be a simple man taking care of my family, with Sorrell by my side.
I wanted to pick her up for school and just keep driving, but I knew I couldn't. I just didn't have the heart to take her away from her brother and her father. I knew she and her father were at odds, but I knew she loved her father very deeply, and to separate her from her family would hurt her unbearably, and I just didn't have the heart to do it to her.
On the ride to school, I was quiet and I could tell she was genuinely concerned.
"Kenyon, is everything okay?"
I said nothing. I was in deep thought, on how to let her go without hurting her too bad, but it was impossible. There was a painful lump in my throat.
"Everything is fine Sorrell." I forced a smile still looking at the road. I couldn’t even make myself look at her, but I could see her out of my peripheral. Her concerned eyes stayed on me.
"Did something happen? You can tell me, you know."
I pulled in a parking space in the student parking lot and neither one of us moved. I just knew these would be the last precious moments that we would share as a couple. I finally looked at her, into her beautiful amazing chocolate brown eyes. I studied her face, her perfect nose, luscious pouty lips. I cupped her face and began kissing her.
I fought the urge to tell her how much I loved her because breaking up with her would be harder. I felt like the scum of the earth. I didn't deserve her. I should never have even asked her to be my girlfriend, if I was going to hurt her like this. I was a terrible human being, and I hated myself for what I was about to do to the love of my life.
"Are you okay, Kenyon?"
I forced another smile. "I'm fine."
"You keep saying you're fine but you don't look fine." She touched my forehead and then the side of my face.
"Sorrell, I'm fine!" I assured her again pulling away.
"Sorry." She put her hands up surrendering. "I guess I am walking to class alone, because you are obviously in a crabby mood. I'll see you at lunch."
I took a deep breath. "I don't think we are working out." I again felt the lump in my throat.
She shot an intense look at me of utter betrayal. "What does that mean?"
I bit my lip. I could not even look in her direction. I stared at the students filing into the school. "I mean, this was nice but, I think we should end it?"
I could see her in my peripheral; her eyes were welling up with tears. "Why?"
I shrugged.
Tears slid down her face. "Wow!" she said. "I guess two weeks was enough…for you." She pushed open the door, got out and slammed the door behind her. I waited until she was in the school, and I started sobbing. Then I began getting angry and yanking at the steering week, and banging on the dash. I was getting weird glances, but I didn't care. I was screaming. I couldn't go in the building today, I could not face her again. My heart just couldn't take it. I decided I would play hooky. I did not know where I would go but I decided that I would know it when I got there. I just wanted to find a dark corner of the world and just hide. It was the worst pain I had ever felt. I wanted to die.

© Copyright 2012 Misty Crade (UN: babydoll_y2g at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Misty Crade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753973-Chapter-30--1000-Kisses-Kenyon