*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753974-Chapter-31--Heart-Shaped-Box-Randall
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1864211
A series I wrote that is loosely based on Twilight about Wolf Shifters
#753974 added June 1, 2012 at 11:55pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 31: Heart-Shaped Box Randall
Chapter 31: Randall



I walked into the school cafeteria with my head held a little higher for what I had done for my little brother, that is until I had glanced up from my lunch over at Kenyon's new favorite table for the past couple of weeks and didn't see Kenyon just a puffy-eyed Sorrell, and her big breasted friend consoling her. I had to go over and find out what happened and at least try and fix the problem. I felt somewhat responsible.
I dumped my lunch near the trash cans and walked over.
"Hey Sorrell, have you seen Kenyon? I haven't seen him all day. Didn't he come to school with you?"
Her friend cut her eyes at me. "Seriously?" she snapped protectively.
I shook my head and slid on the other side of her. Her protective friend slid her closer to her as I sat down. "Sorrell, what happened?"
"Don't you know?" Her friend hissed. "You and your brother's two week rule at its finest."
"What are you talking about?" I said still trying to address Sorrell and ignoring her bodyguard.
"You don't have to talk to him Sorrell, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."
Sorrell gently pulled away. "It's okay Beth." She said softly. "I haven't seen him since this morning."
"Yeah, when your brother dumped her."
My mouth dropped. "No."
"Don't act so shocked Mr. Wonderful." She mocked. "That is the game right. Make girls fall in love with you and drop them like a bad habit two weeks later. Don't want to get two attached?"
I still was in disbelief ."Sorrell, is that true?"
"You don't have to answer that." I was starting to get tired of the third wheel in our conversation.
"Sorrell, I'm so sorry. This should not have happened. I'll talk to him." I assured her, even though, I didn't have to talk to Kenyon to know what happened, and I wasn't sure how to fix it but I was determined to fix it.
"It's okay Randy. You don't have to."
"Yeah, she's not desperate, like the girls you and your brother are used to."
"Hey, troll, zip it." I realized after I said it, that it was out of character, but she was beginning to annoy me.
Her mouth dropped open, but thankfully she was quiet.
"I'll get to the bottom of this Sorrell. Mark my word. My little brother, really cares for you and I know he would never intentionally hurt you."
"I know." She said. "I figured you aunt might have said something to him, but I guess it's for the best."
I shook my head. "No Sorrell. I can fix it!"
"Thanks Randy, but it is better that this ended like this, because, in my experience something too good to be true usually is. I think it's better that we quit while we were ahead."
"But Sorrell, he loves you." I argued.
"Randy, you are sweet, but just like my dad said, just because two people are in love, doesn't mean they should be together."
That when the bell rang. I did know what to say, I just watched her get up. I don't know what shocked me more the fact the she actually implied that she loved Kenyon or that they shouldn't be together.
I had never heard anything like it. I was like our kind to fight for love. It was the most precious thing to us. I It was one thing, always worth fighting for, and even if Kenyon and Sorrell were done fighting, I was determined not to give up without a fight.

© Copyright 2012 Misty Crade (UN: babydoll_y2g at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Misty Crade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753974-Chapter-31--Heart-Shaped-Box-Randall