*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753976-Chapter-33-HATEU-Sorrell
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1864211
A series I wrote that is loosely based on Twilight about Wolf Shifters
#753976 added June 2, 2012 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 33: HATEU Sorrell
Chapter 33: Sorrell


All week I wanted to curl up in a ball and just forget about him or at least stop loving him, but it was so much easier said than done. I just wanted to hate him. I wanted to toss him away like he had done to me so easily. I had wanted to accept, that he was just doing what his aunt wanted him to do, and then I thought about the situation in reverse. If my dad told me I couldn't see Kenyon, I couldn't have done it so easily. I could not have done it at all.
I decided to go to work and try to work off my hurt and frustration. It did not help, every so often a happy couple would come in and I would have to run into the back and start bawling.
"Sorrell, go home."
"I'm fine Ms. Charlotte." I was in the back corner of the kitchen with a Kleenex trying to put myself back together, and go back into the dining room.
"You are not fine, you are hung up and you need to go home."
"I didn't go home when my mom died, so I am definitely not going home over some guy."
"Sorrell, some of the customers are beginning to ask if there is something wrong with you."
I rolled my eyes. "I'm fine."
" Sorrell, I love you, and you tried to work when your mom died, thinking that it would do you some good to get your mind off of things, and somehow, it worked, but now Sorrell, I really think that you need to go home."
I began to tear up. "Why does it hurt so bad?"
"It's obvious babe." She said. "You are in love."
Then the tears began to stream down my face. "How do I stop?"
She looked at me. Her eyes were tearing as well. "You don't, you learn to deal with it. Some days are better than others. Like when your mom died, you can't stop love lost, you just learn to cope, baby, and part of that coping is allowing yourself time to grieve."
I nodded.
I decided to cut my losses and head home. I needed to deal with Kenyon dumping me, and without making other people miserable.
I gathered my things and left. As I was walking to the bus stop I saw the Silver Mustang, but ignored it, hoping that he did not see me. He got out of his car and walked behind me. I whipped around.
"What do you want?"
"I'm not to cause you anymore trouble. I just wanted to apologize." His eyes stayed on the ground, like he was purposely avoiding eye contact.
"Well, you apologized so. You can go now."
He nodded.
We both walked away and I thought the conversation was over.
"Sorrell, wait!" He again began to walk after me.
"What Kenyon?" She saying his name made my chest tighten and gave me a lump in my throat.
"I'm sorry!" He now held my gaze, until I dropped my eyes to the ground. "I didn't mean to hurt you, Sorrell."
"Well, you did!" I snapped.
"I'm sorry!"
"You said that already." I stood there a moment with my arms crossed, looking at the ground, trying hard not to look in his eyes. "Are you done?"
"Yeah, I'm done." He put his hands up.
"So you have nothing else to say?"
"No Sorrell."
"So I can go now?"
He took my hand and I pulled it away. "Can I give you a ride home?"
"Kenyon, I don't need a ride home."
"Fine." He held his hands up and backed away again.
I turned around and began walking away.
"You know what? There is something else I have to say!" He yelled from behind me. I turned back around. He walked up to me again. "You are stubborn!"
I raised my eye brows. "That's it?"
He bit his lip and continued. "You are the most stubborn, unforgiving, headstrong, most amazing woman that I have ever met and I am so in love with you. My aunt told me to dump you, and like an idiot I listened, and I am so sorry and I know that I might have blown my chances, but I am not going to give up until you forgive me." He took my hand again and this time I didn't pull away. "If I have to spend the rest of my life waiting for you to forgive me, then so be it. I should have fought for you, but I am fighting now, because I love you Sorrell Garnett." He let go of my hand. "That's all I have to say, Sorrell." He again walked to his car and started up the engine.
I just stood there shocked. Was I an idiot if I just accepted his apology? Was I an idiot of I didn't? Maybe I was too hard on him. I sighed and walked over to his car, opened the door and slid in the passenger bucket seat. I could already smell the musk of his body wash and it sent my heart into a pidder-padder frenzy.
"You hurt me." I said.
He sighed. "I know and I'm sorry."
"I don't know if I can so easily forgive."
He sighed again. "I know."
"So where do we go from here?"
He shrugged. "I don't know Sorrell. I mean, I want to go back to being your boyfriend, but right now I would settle for anything."
I looked at him. "What do you mean anything?"
He smiled. "I mean, whatever it takes. I haven't ate or slept in three days, however much longer you want me to suffer.-"
"Kenyon, I don't want to make you suffer."
"So what are you suggesting?" He shot me a look.
"We are back to boyfriend and girlfriend status. You're in the dog house."
He smiled and began to laugh. "That I can live with."
I smiled and looked up at him "Good."
"So being in the dog house; does that mean I have to ask permission?"
"I guess so." I said. "Why?"
"Can I ask permission to kiss my beautiful amazing girlfriend?"
The butterflies in my stomach took off. I nodded happily.
© Copyright 2012 Misty Crade (UN: babydoll_y2g at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Misty Crade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753976-Chapter-33-HATEU-Sorrell