*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753977-Chapter-34-Pumped-Up-Kicks-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1864211
A series I wrote that is loosely based on Twilight about Wolf Shifters
#753977 added June 2, 2012 at 12:03am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 34: Pumped Up Kicks ???
Chapter 34: ???



From the moment I had awoken I had gotten a whiff of something familiar. Every urge inside me said to follow it. I found a couple of random people out and about and feasted briefly on those unfortunate souls.
I then heard a deafening bass from the distance and the smell coming from the direction of the bass was over powering. I was drawn to it. I was lead to a large house, with tons of people coming in and out. I had hit the mother load, but I decided to stay in the shadows and just pick off a few stragglers. That had become my style of hunting, but this time my patience was wearing thin.
Thant was when a cripple boy began coming out of the house and into my direction. This would be easy. I watched him chug the golden liquid as he hobbled over and finally gave, he fell to the ground off of his crutches.
"Hey one of you guys help me." He laughed. "I've fallen and I can't get up."
Something about this character made my blood boil it was as if he was an arch enemy from another life. Somehow I felt that he might have seen this coming. I waited a moment to see if any of his friends would assist him , but in the few moments I waited, no one came to his rescue. I sprung into action going straight for his neck to she could not scream, he struggle for brief moment and then went limp. I had to admit, he was the easiest and most satisfying meal of the night.
I decided to retire for the night. I started to walk away but I noticed a little blonde-haired girl, with her mouth agape. I tried to pounce before she got the high pitched howl out but I was too late. I had made quick meal of her with an audience. I made a valiant attempt to destroy witnesses, but a tall guy emerged from the house with a shotgun, so I had to retreat.
Shots rang out, and I took off in the opposite direction. There was on shot and a followed an excruciating burning on my right shoulder blade. It was time to retire, I kept running, hoping that I could find a cave to regenerate, and the full moon was getting low in the sky.

© Copyright 2012 Misty Crade (UN: babydoll_y2g at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Misty Crade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753977-Chapter-34-Pumped-Up-Kicks-