*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753980-Chapter-37-The-Hardest-Thing-Kenyon
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1864211
A series I wrote that is loosely based on Twilight about Wolf Shifters
#753980 added June 2, 2012 at 12:10am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 37: The Hardest Thing: Kenyon
Chapter 37: Kenyon



Randy and I ended up waking up late for school. We tried to rush home early from our search, so Satordi didn't know that we left the ranch. Three full days of sleep, took its toll, I had almost decided to stay home again but I had remembered my promise to Sorrell. I quickly jumped in the shower, got dress, and Randy and I went to school together in the Yukon.
I was excited that as soon as I walked in the school doors, I was greeted with Sorrell's glorious embrace.
"Kenyon." She whispered.
"Good Morning, sweetheart!"
She gave me a swift push. My body felt cold without her warmth. I noticed the adorable crease in her nose when she was angry. "Don't “sweetheart' me! I left you like twenty messages."
"Really?" I pulled my phone out of my pocket and studied the message that flashed across the screen. "35 missed calls; 23 messeges."
"I am so sorry, babe!" I tried to hold her but she pulled away.
"Where were you?"
"Sorrell, I'm sorry. I fell asleep. I told you I haven't slept in three days, remember." That was mostly true. I thought.
"Right."
"I should have called you when I got home. I'm sorry."
"It's okay. I understand. I glad at least you were able to sleep."
I noticed the puffiness under her beautiful eyes. "You look terrible."
She pressed her lips together angrily. "Thanks."
"No, I didn't mean it like that." I said brushing a stray bang from her face. "I just mean, you look tired."
"I guess you haven't heard." She looked up at me sadly.
"Heard what?"
"About-" She began sobbing. "About Darrius."
My mouth hung open. "Sorrell, I'm so sorry!" I held her close. Now I felt really guilty for breaking his leg. Maybe, he might have had a fighting chance to escape, even drunk.
"They are letting some kids go home early. You think that you could-?"
"Of course." I said. "I just need to get a hold of Randy. He has the keys and I'll take you home."
"And stay with me?"
I smiled. "Of course!"
"Promise?"
I chuckled. "Yes , I promise."
She wrapped her arms around me and gave me a soft peck.
I pulled out my phone and called Randy.
"What ya need Ken?"
"Randy, I kind of need the keys to the Yukon. Me and Sorrell are going home early from school."
"I am in a team meeting, Ken."
"So?"
"I'll meet you in the gym."
"Great!" I turned to Sorrell. "I am just going to meet him in the gym."
"I'll just tell my dad and meet you at the front of the school."
I kissed her again and took off toward the gym.
When I got to the gym, it was empty. I could got a whiff of the sour smell of my stalkers before I actually say them. "What do you want?" I didn't even have to turn around.
"We want for you to pay for killing our friend." Said Sam.
"What are you talking about?" I turned around. Eric held a switch blade in his hand, and Sam a long sharp stake. "Are you sure you guys want to do this?"
"Are you sure you guys want to do this?"
"We're sure."
Eric swung the switch blade at me and with my reflexes I was able to quickly dodge it. "That's the best you got."
They both tried to come at me from two separate directions, but I grabbed them both and held them in the air. They started to fight and clawed at my wrist. This made my skin start to inch.
"Look, man we're sorry. "
Just as I turned around, I saw Sorrell, eyes wide in horror like when she was looking at the T.V. screen, only this time I was the one the receiving end. I dropped both Eric and Sam. "Sorrell, I can explain this."
"You're a werewolf!" she whispered, and took off running out of the gym, I tried to go after her, but there was a sharp pain that shot through my back. I howled in pain and fell to the ground. It was so bad that I curled up in a ball.
"You're not so big and bad now, are you?" Sam pulled my hair and lifted my head up to look in his eyes. He balled up his fist and was ready to punch me. "This is for Darrius."
"Hey what's going on?" I had never been so happy to hear Randy's voice.
The two boys took off and Randy ran up to me.
"Ken, are you okay?"
"Do I look okay?" I growled.
"Sorry." He began fiddling with the stake in my back. I howled in pain louder this time. I struggled to my feet but Randy held me down. "What are you doing?"
"You are going to make it worse Kenyon. I am taking you to Jason."
"I have to go see Sorrell. She saw what happened; she thinks I'm the werewolf."
Randy picked me up, and I felt like a helpless idiot. "Fine. Let's just be quick about it."
Randy ran outside and put me in the back of the Yukon. I winced in pain.
"Stop being a baby." He said.
"Ro's going to kill you when he finds out that you got blood on his seat." I was now talking drunkenly, and was beginning to feel weak, which meant that I was falling into regenerative sleep. It was a sleep that we shifter went in when we were wounded bad enough, that helped us heal faster.
"He's going to kill you. It's your blood." Randy laughed starting the car.
"I was going to go after her." Everything was getting blurry, I focused on Randy's eyes in the rear view mirror.
"You wouldn't have made it."
"But she trusts me."I mumbled.
"Goodnight little brother."
"I can't lose her, she's my girl in the yellow dr-" I then blacked out.
I came to in the infirmary, laying on my stomach bandaged up in the hospital bed alone on an IV. I got up, and felt light-headed and off balance, I grabbed my bloodstained button up shirt and headed toward the door but Jason, was just coming in as I was coming out.
Jason was an extremely built, tall brown haired guy that towered over both me and Randy. He looked like a line backer. I could see why he moonlighted as a bouncer in Las Vegas.
"Whoa! Where are you headed in such a rush?"
"Jason, I don't have time to talk, I just have to get through."
"You're not done healing." His normally sarcastic and know-it-all demeanor was replace with a concerned one. "You're not going to get even are you?"
I shook my head. "No, of course not."
I turned his head. "Are you sure? There is nothing worse than a brute jackass that beats up a little guy because he can."
"Thanks for the lecture, Jason, and I really understand where you are coming from, but I am about to lose the girl of my dreams, unless I can convince her that I'm not that guy."
"Well, in that case." He smiled and moved to the side.
I ran out of the door. "Thanks Jason!"
I wasn't sure how long I had been out, but I was sure she was either at or on her way to her house. The sun was still up so I was guessing it was late afternoon. I was glad that I was able to master my super speed. I was able to make it to her house in no time. I didn't see her dad's car, so I was just going to sit on the porch until she had arrived. I then noticed a light go on upstairs and began to knock. That is when the light went off.
"Sorrell, I know you are in there. I can smell you though the door." I could tell she was close to the door because her alluring scent was seeping through the cracks. "You know I would never hurt you. I didn't even mean to hurt Darrius, I just lost my temper, and the things he said about you. I just-" I could hear her steady breathing which I was thankful to hear, which meant she wasn't terrified, and especially considering that fact that she wasn't calling the police. Also considering if I wanted to get through the door, I had enough strength to break it down if I wanted.
I knocked again. "Sorrell, please open the door, I can stay out here all night. Look, I promise to be honest with you if you open the door. You can ask me anything."
I then heard a click, and my heart leaped for joy. The door swung open, but there was still a glass door in between her, but I saw her, a vision in pink and blue Hello Kitty pajamas. Her beautiful brown eyes were glistening as if she had been crying, her and her nostrils flared. I could tell I had done what I said I wouldn't do and that was hurt her, again.
She swallowed. "So tell me the truth. Did you…?" A stray tear went down her face and all I could think was, what could I do to get on the other side of the door to brush it away? "Did you kill him?"
"Of course not, Sorrell!" I said. "You believe me, don't you?"
"What you, did to Sam and Eric."
"They attacked me Sorrell. Twice."
"That look in your eyes. I just can't get it out of my head. You're a-." she exhaled. "monster."
I the word resonated deep within me. I decided that it was up there with the word "Freak" which was why I didn't want to go to public school in the first place. Suddenly, I was thirteen again and back in the school yard. She called me a 'monster'.
She closed the door and I heard the click again. Suddenly I felt like I couldn't breathe. I had made the mistake of not fighting hard enough for the woman I loved, and hurting her terribly, but how do I bounce back from being a monster. I couldn't.
"Sorrell, I understand if you never want to see me again. Just know that I love you. I always have loved you, from the moment I laid eyes on you and I always will. I'll leave you alone on one condition. And that condition is, you don't remember me as the monster, but as the man that loved you…completely."
So, I gathered the rest of my dignity and I walked away never to look back. I had done exactly what Satordi and Jason told me not to do. I thought home school wouldn't be so bad with Aunt Talya. What more could she take away now that Sorrell was out of the picture.

© Copyright 2012 Misty Crade (UN: babydoll_y2g at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Misty Crade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753980-Chapter-37-The-Hardest-Thing-Kenyon