*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753979-Chapter-36-My-All-Sorrell
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1864211
A series I wrote that is loosely based on Twilight about Wolf Shifters
#753979 added June 2, 2012 at 12:07am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 36: My All Sorrell
Chapter 36: Sorrell



I could not sleep, at least without knowing that all my friends were safe. I alternated from calling classmates to again watching the news with my dad waiting on them to release names. I was still in agony that Kenyon still had not called and it had been hours since he had departed. I kept reminding myself, that he promised that he would be at school the next morning, but he also told me that he would call. I tried not to think of the worse but I couldn't help it.
I left him 20 messages before going back and my dad called me back into the living room, and said that they were announcing that some of the bodies were identified and declared missing. My jaw dropped, because there were a couple of faces I recognized. First there was the blonde haired girl, she sat behind me in my math class, I believe her name was Nancy and then everything inside me collapse when then announced that the son of a New Orleans Saints Running Back, was among the dead. Who else could it have been? When the announced the name, my entire world shattered. I fell on the couch, and nearly passed out. Darrius.
Heavy tears fell down my eyes. My dad wrapped his arms around me. He was about as shocked as I was.
The next day at school, I had to find Kenyon. I needed to feel his arms around me. I needed to know that he kept his promise. I waited for him in the student parking lot, for any sign of the Silver Mustang or Black Yukon. An administrator had to tell me to go to class, because I was ready to skip class and wait.
Now I was really concerned. I pictured Kenyon's dead gory body on the side of the road somewhere. I remembered my dream. I called him once more, secretly in class. No answer.
© Copyright 2012 Misty Crade (UN: babydoll_y2g at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Misty Crade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753979-Chapter-36-My-All-Sorrell