*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753982-Chapter-39-Hero-Kenyon
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1864211
A series I wrote that is loosely based on Twilight about Wolf Shifters
#753982 added June 2, 2012 at 12:14am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 39: Hero Kenyon
Chapter 39: Kenyon



I was making my way back to Satordi's convinced that I had lost Sorrell forever, when a hawk flew over my head, and cried. The first thing, I thought, It was Ro. It had to be. I decided to follow him. I was guessing he was leading me to the werewolf. He had probably spotted it from up above and maybe I was the closest.
I began smelling the putrid odor of the beast infused with something I knew I had smelled before. I was wrecking my mind trying to put a face to the smell. I continued to follow until suddenly I smelled a scent that was more than familiar. I felt a terrible knot in my stomach and I continued to follow.
I knew that Sorrell's scent infused with the beast's could not be a good thing. I just prayed that I wasn't too late. I then heard a loud scream and my heart jumped. "Sorrell!" I called. Now I had to use my tracking. I was running in the direction of the scent.
Then I saw a limp bloody body lying in the clearing in the wood, it didn't take me long to realize that it was Sorrell. I ran over to it and knelt beside her.
"Sorrell!" I shook her. "Please talk to me!" I could make out a faint heartbeat. She was still alive. She was dying, but still alive so I had to work fast. I lifted her into my arms. I then I felt a tremendous force push me into the air, and I came down hard. The force was so powerful that I dropped Sorrell from my grasp. I quickly stood back on my feet. I looked up and I saw red eyes and a deformed human figure step toward me. I then began to see the familiarity of it.
"Nick?" I said.
He smiled with a large row of razor sharp teeth. "I knew you'd be a worthy adversary."
The moon shined down on him and be began to sprout back fur until he was covered in it. I took in a deep breath as my skin began to stretch and burn, and strip away my human skin and reveal my wolf fur underneath and it no time, was completely phased. He towered over me. I lunged at him but with a swipe of his paw I was in a tree.
I growled and then jumped out of the tree and lunged for him again; the same results. I knew that it would not be easy with the size difference. I had to use my speed to my advantage. I decided to weave in and out of a line of trees, he came after me but I got far in front of him and climbed a tree until he walked by. I jumped on his back and started gnawing at his neck, knowing that my only chance was to separate his head. He began to whip around, and my focus began to change from gnawing to holding on. I lost my grip and flew into a tree.
I climbed it again, and with one slam the werewolf shattered the tree and I flew in the air, I tried to maneuver myself to land on his back and I did but upside down. Suddenly I felt a stretch in my skin. I was worried that I was phasing back into human form. I had to focus. It was still holding on and getting whipped around when I realized that I wasn't phasing back, only getting bigger. I was able to wrap my mouth around his neck and rip it clean off.
Only when the lip body and head of the werewolf. Did I realize how in pain I was, everything was blurry again and I realized that I was again falling into regenerative sleep, but I wasn't ready, I looked around for Sorrell. I found her, and began to phase back. I tried to pick her up, but it took more out of me.
"Somebody help!" I cried. I then fell over beside her. I was fading. I looked over at her and her beautiful sleepy eyes were open looking deep into mine, a faint peaceful smile on her face as if she had accepted the inevitable, but I had not. My hand slid in to hers and a single tear slid down my face. "Don't leave me." I murmured.
She mouthed. "I love you!" and the world began to fade away and I fought it as hard as I could until darkness took over. She was gone forever and I knew in my heart I would never love another.
© Copyright 2012 Misty Crade (UN: babydoll_y2g at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Misty Crade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753982-Chapter-39-Hero-Kenyon