*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754619-Summary-Statistics
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#754619 added June 11, 2012 at 9:23am
Restrictions: None
Summary Statistics
Summary Statistics

About two miles from my farmette is a hill with one of those wind generating turbines on it. I find it very useful. If it is turning I know that the flying field will be too windy for my skill level. Most of the time it’s turning, so there isn’t a great many opportunities for learning to fly. In Adams-Friendship there is a smaller one in front of the Electrical Coop. I was excited and went inside to get some data and the sales person/expert told me it was an awful design, barely able to generate enough electricity to power a light bulb. I was thinking about telling the White House. Sounds like something they might be interested in.

Tomorrow Linda will be flying to Atlanta to see her parents. I will be driving her to Madison to catch her flight. I’ll be batching it for a week. These visits are hard on her but it’s something she feels obligated to do. Used to be I went with her but she finds it difficult to be with me and her parents at the same time. I told her the same thing once when my parents were still alive and she asked if I remembered when I asked her to participate? I took that for a “No.”

I got another vignette submission which will make it two out of 5. I am comfortable with that. Writing reviews is very time consuming and if the students don’t submit it gives me more time for other things. My daughter tells me to quit worrying about what others do. They have their own agendas and I need to let others run with the priorities in their lives and not worry about it.

Linda bought some Stella-Doros she wants me to plant out front underneath the split rail fence. That is a good small job and I’ll get on it when I finish my blog. My daughter writes a great blog. She's an Army Wife and writes about her experiences in the service. She gets a lot more views then I do and that is no surprise because she is a very talented writer. Often Linda comes in while I’m writing to show me the Imp’s latest creation.

Every morning I click “My Account” and then “Summary Statistics.” I get an idea of the number of views I got for the previous day. Actually I think some of the numbers are bogus and are a consequence of the “Random Read” generator but if there are 2 or more hits I take these as legitimate. If one gets three I reread it to see if there is something I'm missing. Actually reading back over some of your old stuff, that is generating activity, is a worthwhile exercise. I get all kinds of ideas on how I might have made a vignette more interesting or better written.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754619-Summary-Statistics