*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755449-Sense-of-humor-required-when-dealing-with-parents
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#755449 added June 22, 2012 at 10:21pm
Restrictions: None
Sense of humor required when dealing with parents
Friday, June 22, 2012, Day 22 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is What is the "worst" thing parents do to their children? Bearing in mind this is a humor prompt and not an expose.


A sense of humor
When dealing with your parents
A necessity

I’m not sure at what age I realized a sense of humor was required when dealing with parents. Let’s face it, all parents embarrass their children at least once in their growing up years. If the children are lucky, their parents embarrass them more then once. The more parents embarrass their children the more stories the children have to relate to their children about their childhood.

An embarrassment
Catching your parents kissing
In the living room

I’m attempting to remember some of the thing my parents and grandparents did that were embarrassing when they occurred, but were funny after few years had passed. It takes a few years to laugh at some of childhood’s embarrassing moments caused by parents.

An embarrassment
Father carrying shotgun
Meets daughter’s first date
At the front door

The way my brother related the story to me was that the father of one of his girlfriends (I’m not sure which one, but I think it was his first wife) was sitting in the living room wearing a white t-shirt with a hole in it and cleaning a shotgun. My brother (with the sense of humor he has) thought that was what he should do when his daughters started dating. I don’t think he ever did that, but then I’m sure he did other things to embarrass his children.

Parents are required
To embarrass their children
Encourage humor

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755449-Sense-of-humor-required-when-dealing-with-parents