*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755584-This-ones-aboutwait-WHAT
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#755584 added June 25, 2012 at 8:13pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about...wait, WHAT??
THE PROMPT: "Ponder the spectre of yourself as one human being in the over six billion people on Earth. We are so minute as to be nonexistent. And yet, we have the power to visualize, to imagine the entirety of the cosmos. In your journal, write about a popular movie, that most would know, and tell us what you would have changed, and why."

What's up everybody? Kinda sorta took the night off last night...was gonna write a formal entry, got started, and went to bed. So I left it as is, and so be it. Then I get on today, saw this prompt on my break at work, and was excited at how deep and philosophical it was...until I got to the end of it and was like...uhhhhhh. *Confused* I don't know many movies, and of the ones I do, you've either never seen them, or I wouldn't change anything about them.

This is gonna take some soul-searching. Which shouldn't take long, given how soulless I can be. *Smirk*

I suppose it's wrong to suggest that maybe some chick-flick romantic comedies should end with a horriffic car crash, isn't it? *Shock* That's about the state of my headspace today, as luck would have it. Most movies wouldn't be movies if common sense prevailed, and the initial conflict were righteously and obviously so solved in the first five minutes (as is the case a lot of times in the real world's way of doing things). As it stands, 99.8% of us probably live lives that wouldn't pan out so great as cinematic adventures anyway. Novels, maybe. But movies lend to too much visual tinkery...good luck finding an actor out there who's so beautifully gifted in the head as I am once in awhile. And by beautifully gifted, I mean at wrecking trains.

I guess there's one movie I could change. Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump. I cried at the end of it, actually (I may have been 18 or 19 at the time I saw it in a theater). I suppose the one romantic bone in my body would not want Jenny to die of AIDS (or at all), and that they'd live happily ever after and all that.

(Two quick observances of that last paragraph: 1) No, not that bone, and 2) After that movie, who doesn't have a friend named Jenny that they haven't referred to as "Jennay" in a Gump tone?)

I guess the majority of movies I've seen wind up going the way I expect them to, which is fine in that I don't need the twists and turns so much to be entertained as much as I need a good story. I don't need some mystery or saga or epic or anything like that. Just tell a good story, even if it hurts a little at the end.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

I went to a bomb-ass concert yesterday with my boy Winkz and his girl! Ok, the sound at the venue sucked (of course, standing next to a speaker didn't help). At the end everything sounded like Mickey Mouse. But the energy, the passion, the movement...phenomenal.

This video is not from that show. I can't find any online yet. But when they played this song, the roof blew off the place. Last night, it started with a simple acoustic intro with the lyrics sung by the guitarist, and then Slug went bombastic with it. Definitely the highlight of the night, and I'm not even mad they didn't play my favorite song.



VITAL STATS:

*Equalizer* I have very few idols in my life. I can probably count them on one hand. Some are dead, and the living ones I'll probably never be so fortunate to meet. But I got lucky last night. I got to shake Slug's hand. He thanked us for coming, wished us a good good game (? *Confused*) and allowed for this sweet photo op. That's me on the left and Sean on the right (never thought I'd say those words). He was really great before the show, meeting with everyone while standing in line waiting to get in.

6/12 Was waiting in line at the Atmosphere concert when we were greeted by Slug.


*Cart* So when your company cuts hours, limits raises, eliminates jobs, and sinks morale, what are they doing? Acquiring stake in an overseas company, of course! This goes beyond them making crazy CGI commercials about things that never happen. Companies that aren't investing in their people aren't investing in their community. Pissed off employees mean a shittier work environment. Which means people see these commercials and acquisitions in a much different light. Corporations snort their self-worth like cocaine, and don't care about the dealers who provide the services they waste. Case in point: we stopped carrying the local newspaper. There's differences between the company and the paper, and the way they handle their business. Hence, we lose every customer that comes in for the paper. I now have to spend my $0.75 someplace else for it. And the people who came in daily for it, and then bought other stuff as well on occasion, are now going someplace else. And why? Besides convenience, another company has chosen to invest overseas rather than improve its infrastructure in our country. The almighty overseas dollar is more important than the people who've sacrificed to earn the right for the company to buy more things the average worker doesn't care about. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the new American Success Story. And it sucks those three capitalized letters from the last three words in the previous sentence.

And that's all I have for you tonight, friends. Plenty more drama and bullshit to deal with on my side of the computer screen, but I'mma try and catch up with you guys in a little bit. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!



Instead, we find empty boxes of the morning-after pill jammed in crevices in side panels. Took it to the pharmacy and asked them to refill it for me. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755584-This-ones-aboutwait-WHAT