*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755617-A-Few-Words
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#755617 added June 26, 2012 at 1:53pm
Restrictions: None
A Few Words
Although I stated in my last entry I think younger generations are far removed from my own in many ways, I'm happy to note that some things don't change much. Kids today may have far more in the way of technology, toys and easy entertainment, but it seems the creative imagination of children is still alive and well.

I spent a few days at my sister's house last week. We did have plans, but most had to be cancelled due to the continuous rain that seems to pimply siss down almost all day every day lately. Still, we had a good time and some laughs despite the foul weather, but alas all too soon it was time to come home. Hubby came over to fetch me and we called at our son's house on the way back. Paul was cooking dinner for us and Mey Ling was being Mey Ling, so it was left to the grandparents to entertain the kids.

Angel wanted to play outside so off we went into the garden. There she found a cane and immediately declared it a fishing rod and proceeded to catch a multitude of fish of different varieties. The garden tools came in handy as the fork became a trout and the soggy garden glove a haddock. I was put in charge of the barbecue as she didn't want to burn her fingers and we soon had a pile of plant pots, tools and other odds and sods representing our cooked fish. It was while she was busy reeling in a salmon (garden trowel) that she stated it was a difficult one but she felt determined to land it for supper.

I commented they were big words for a little girl to use which obviously got her thinking.

"What was my first word Nanna?'

"I can't really remember, but I know you used to point and say 'B' every time we got a ball out to play with."

This seemed to amuse her, so I continued to tell her how insistent she was when we tried to correct her. It was always a 'B' as far as she was concerned.

There was a slight hesitation before she asked, 'So what did I call a bee? A ball?" *Laugh*

It was then that Dylan arrived on the scene and fishing had to be abandoned following an urgent request for me to be producer and chief camera person for their 'Safari on the trampoline' movie. I do like my iPhone more and more.





I'm not sure if Dylan is attempting to be an ardent follower of fashion at three or if I should buy him a belt for his next birthday.

© Copyright 2012 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755617-A-Few-Words