*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755701-This-ones-about-the-ink
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#755701 added June 27, 2012 at 10:30pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the ink.
THE PROMPT: "Tattoos are getting a great deal of publicity lately. Do you have one? If so, describe it and why you chose it. If not, would you consider getting one? Why or why not? What would it represent and where on your body would you be inked?"

What's good, everybody? Just the basics over here, I suppose. But enough about me. The War Chest has provided a solid prompt I can kill a few of your minutes with, so please allow me to.

I do not have any tattoos...yet. The simple reason being is: when I knew what I wanted, I didn't have the money, and when I had the money, I wasn't totally sold on what I wanted.

I first considered getting a tattoo in my early 20's of Speedy Gonzales on my calf, but I worked at a job that wanted you to keep your tatts covered. So that meant no wearing of shorts in the summer. I personally will wear shorts until November, so that had to wait. And why Speedy? Because I used to be one of the fastest guys I knew, and I loved his cartoons as a kid.

Along the way, I fell in love with a band. They put out a single once with the iconic logo of a stick figure, and I decided I wanted to get that as some body art. The problem? I couldn't decide where to put it, and then I saw so many other people with it that the idea lost its originality for me. So I had someone replicate it for me years back on WDC, and used it as a header for "I'm Studying You. It looks a little something like this:

My sig from Tanin, Writing Warrior.


At least I found a t-shirt with that on it... 20 years ago when the t-shirt first came out, I never got one. Hot Topic is good for something once in awhile.

Our family once went through some rough patches...after we went on a cruise, we decided on getting a family tatt, but nobody could decide on anything. The day I finally came up with an idea (a phrase about family translated into Chinese), that was the day I found out my family was imploding for good.

And these days? I have no friggin' clue what I would want or where I would put it. Ya always gotta consider yourself in 20 years' time. I would never get something like "THUG LIFE" tatted on my belly, because I'm not a thug, I barely have a life, my weight fluctuates, and if I ever have kids, how would I explain it to them? I think a few years back I decided I wanted to get the Chinese translation of "balance", but I couldn't decide if I wanted on my spine, running down my arm, or the back of my neck. Why Chinese? Because it looks so much more interesting than just having the word spelled out there. If that's what I wanted to do, for real, I'd just give someone talented some colored Sharpies and have them do it all fancy-like. It'd be a lot less painful. *Smirk*

MUSICAL BREAK!!

This would be the song I was referring to with the stick figure logo'd cd single. A huge song in the development of my life...if I ever have to make a soundtrack for my life, this would be a single off that cd. (Around the 3:36 mark, there's a dude wearing the same t-shirt as me!)



VITAL STATS:

*Sleep* Took the day off today for some appointments I had to reschedule because of some bullshit devil vagina magic, among other reasons. So I got me some Tim Horton's, which now sells panini sandwiches (*Confused*?), which wasn't bad, but hell, if it's the fourth time in a week and a half that you've eaten, I'm sure anything would've tasted good. Even if I really wasn't hungry. It was more of a "get out of jail the house" kind of excursion.

*Cart* The anti-thesis to that last paragraph will go something like this tomorrow: work 2:30pm-10:30pm, and do the ultimate hellish turnaround of 5:45am-1:45pm on Friday. Kill me now and call it progress. All because I needed today off and another manager needed tomorrow night off, neither of us figuring that I'm only supposed to work one night a week (which is usually Tuesday) or that I'd be in so early Friday. Damn, son.

And on that note, I'm gonna make like a tree and GTFO of here for awhile so I can pursue some other interests. Hope y'all are having a great go at things...peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755701-This-ones-about-the-ink