*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755765-God-Bless-Dow-Chemical
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#755765 added June 28, 2012 at 9:41am
Restrictions: None
God Bless Dow Chemical
God Bless Dow Chemical

I hear the drone of the Crop Duster, spraying the fields to the West of here. I love to watch them swoop in and lay that fine spray of mist over the crops. The elitists hate herbicides and pesticides. They have this misguided and quaint belief that instead the farmers should grow organic, and sing “Cum-by-Yah.” Sort of like the Pied Piper. I planted potatoes one year and watched the beetles gnaw all the leaves off. Every morning I went out to pick them off and every evening a fresh battalion would show up to finish the job. It was the same about the liberals complaining about using Agent Orange in Vietnam. I slept in it for a year and all I have to say is “God God Bless Dow Chemical

A near ambush is much more terrible to contemplate than any chemical that might kill you in fifty years. Read “La Rue Sans Joie” (Street without Joy) and see what happened to the French Convoys without defoliants. This might come as a shock to many but it’s the chemicals that people ingest voluntarily that are far more deadly than any crop residue. Alcohol, drug, and the sheer volume of food we intake are much worse. At the VA center one can’t help but feel compassion for many veterans but you know what? Many were pot heads that indulged nightly on a heroine induced substance called SCAG that was so pure it could be smoked in a cigarette. They say the war screwed them up or Agent Orange but if the truth be known they played a huge role in where they sit today.

My wife told me that I was a better person after I returned from my two Vietnam tours, one in an Infantry unit. She claims that I was much less of an “A-Hole” when I got back than when I went. I believe that what we did in Vietnam showed those Communists and Socialists that all Americans were not a bunch of limp wristed hippies and pot smoking liberals… That we showed them the price of imposing their failed policial beliefs on others... don't you see the irony?

Dear God! The liberal press would have you believe the true heroes were the protesters and not all those “misguided” names inscribed on the wall. History will probably show that their craven behavior somehow qualified them as morally superior… Nobody wants to go to war and they took the cowards path… to avoid paying a Citizen’s duty. And you know what? Deep down they know what they did… and they’re ashamed.

We’ve been overtaken by these misguided fools. They have taken root in our Religious institutions, Schools and Government. What they advocate is absurd. For example athletic competitions should not keep score and all the kids should get a trophy. Can you believe it? Is that the way life is? Heck no! It has its moments but for the most part it is an endless grind with as much tears as joy. Americans get by through hard work. That is our legacy, not hand-outs and food stamps. The liberals are ashamed of what our country represents while the rest of the world streams across our borders to get a piece of it. The socialist want to make everybody the same and sameness is boring… People are not the same… we are all uniquely different. Those who carry the freight are entitled to a little compensation. I hope it isn’t too late to get things turned around. Compassion is one thing, giving away the store is another.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755765-God-Bless-Dow-Chemical