*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755836-ENOUGH
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#755836 added June 29, 2012 at 6:32pm
Restrictions: None
ENOUGH!
Enough!

Yesterday was a huge milestone in the direction our country is taking. There is still time for the people to turn off from the road to Socialism. If we vote out the current regime, we won’t have to change the name of this country to the Union of United Socialist States.

Justice Roberts made an interesting observation. He said words to the effect that it is not the job of the Supreme Court to save the voters from the legislation (folly) of their elected representatives. He hit the nail on the head. If the people can’t correct what they set in motion in the last election, then we deserve to have foisted upon us the failed politics inherent in a Collective Farm form of gobvernment. It is ironic that we fought throughout our history for liberty and freedom, just to have it handed over those who don't realize what a blessing we have. Actually what the Supreme Court did was offer the Constitution one last gasp of hope. Justice Roberts handed the Republicans an opportunity on a silver platter. He defined Obama Care as a TAX!

How many times did the current President rant and rave and swear up and down that there would be no tax increase for American’s who earned under $250,000 a year. Was it a hundred or a thousand times? What did we get? The average American household will be soon be required to pay about $4,000 annually in Health Insurance Coverage. Robert’s said the mandate in the current law was unconstitutional but went on to explain that what the President really meant was to call it a tax. Everybody with two marbles in their brain knew it was a TAX, a HEALTH TAX. Remember when President Clinton said “He didn’t have SEX with that girl?” Middle Americans have just been handed the largest tax increase in history called at last by its real name... one that everybody should be able to understand.

Obama Care is so flawed it has to be repealed. It can’t be fixed by changing this and that. I believe we need a health care safety net but not Obama Care. There are two huge problems with it and a host of lesser ones that collectively make it unworkable. The first is portability. State Insurance Commissions might be able to collude with insurers and allow local rates to become inflated, but not nationally. Having to buy health insurance within a State allows price fixing that would not be possible if someone could buy coverage out of state. Competition would bring down the cost dramatically. Second is tort reform. The President is indebted to the American Bar Association just as he is to the Unions. What drives up costs are frivilous law suits. Say a doctor makes $100,000 a year. Approximately 30% goes to staff, fees and overhead. He/She gets to keep 20% and the other 50% goes to malpractice insurance. Put the ambulance chasers out of business and health care costs come way down.

This current legislation was written by the Insurance Companies and they will become the agents for collecting the new TAX that all Americans will be forced to pay. The president complains loudly about insurance company policies and then makes them his bill collectors. The IRS will become the enforcement arm of making sure we all pay. Is this really what we want? The failed policies of the Democrats have cost the American Taxpayer over 5 trillion in the past three and a half years. The National Debt has skyrocketed and unemployment continues to grow. When will the American People stand up and say ENOUGH!

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755836-ENOUGH