*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756253-Whats-going-on
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#756253 added July 7, 2012 at 9:04am
Restrictions: None
What's going on
I have done almost nothing of significance since I got of school at the end of May. For one thing, I came down with a sinus infection. I've still got a cough, but it acts like it's trying to go away. I did refold everything in my linen closet, which gave me the big head with myself. Everything in there had gotten into a big jumble, plus I had all of my grandmother's towels that my mother gave me in there. Getting a big project like that done always helps.

Emily is getting ready to go to church camp. Our little redneck church is not going to camp - we don't have anybody who is willing to volunteer to work with the youth who will take them. She has two friends who invite her to events at their church. Both of them have active youth groups. One goes to the great big First Baptist up the road from us. She is going to camp with them in a couple of weeks. The other friend goes to a Church of Christ in the next community. That is who she is going with this week. Since we are Baptists, we are confident that she will not learn anything out of the way at that one. We aren't worried about the Church of Christ one either. One big difference in their denomination and ours is that they do not believe in using musical instruments in the church. I think we can live with that!

My husband has been cleaning out our garage. I am thrilled with this. I may have said before that he is a pack rat. I am just the opposite - I am a tosser. One of the major mistakes that we made was putting a door on our garage. When we moved into this house, it didn't have one. My mother talked my grandmother into giving us the money to put one up. The garage is detached from the house and does have an unfinished look to it on the inside. On the outside it matches the house. At any rate, all the door did was inspire my husband to see what he could fit in there. Then when his dad passed away and hubby got all of his tools and other things, that just added to it. It had gotten so full you couldn't put a flea in there. He had a path you could walk through. He has a friend that has volunteered to come help him with that. It did my heart good to see all the trash they took to the road the last time they worked on it!

My grandmother would have been 87 today. Happy birthday, Memaw!

© Copyright 2012 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756253-Whats-going-on