*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756844-My-favorite-Superhero-or-rather-heroes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#756844 added July 17, 2012 at 9:44pm
Restrictions: None
My favorite Superhero or rather heroes
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 ~ July 2012 Unofficial: FOLLOW ME BLOGGING CHALLENGE prompt is BIG BAD WOLF is hopping emergency prompt "July 16th Prompt" Talk about your favorite superhero.


My favorite super hero is someone who uses technology, is an alien (from another planet), or just has lousy luck. The super hero that uses technology is Batman (AKA Bruce Wayne), you have to admit that car was something else. I would have loved to drive that car down Main Street of any small town in Middle America at high noon, with the local law enforcement officers chasing you.

Superman (AKA Clark Kent) was the super hero who was an alien from another planet. As a child, it’s nice to think that aliens on other planet look just like humans on Earth, but have superpowers. However, as I grew older I realized that citizens of other planets probably wouldn’t look exactly like human because of different evolutionary environments, as well as realizing they would be more interesting if they didn’t look exactly like humans and didn’t have superpowers.

The superheroes with lousy luck were Spiderman (AKA Peter Parker and the mutated spider bite) and the Incredible Hulk (AKA Dr. Bruce Banner and the ill-fated gamma ray experiment). The nice thing about Spiderman is that he also used technology creatively. Despite the fact that I have arachnophobia, I always wanted the ability to climb walls and shoot webs. As for the Incredible Hulk, that probably explains my belief that no matter how good the science behind the experiment, something is eventually going to go wrong.

I think of all them my favorite superhero was the Incredible Hulk followed closely by Spiderman. I think I liked Spiderman and the Incredible Hulk because they seemed more human with both human failing and regrets (or guilt depending on your point of view).

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756844-My-favorite-Superhero-or-rather-heroes