*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757018-Achieving-the-Impossible
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#757018 added July 21, 2012 at 5:47pm
Restrictions: None
Achieving the Impossible
Friday, July 20, 2012 ~ July 2012 Unofficial: FOLLOW ME BLOGGING CHALLENGE prompt is Tell me about a time when you finished a task that seemed impossible when you first started it. This can be a writing endeavor or something else, but please be sure to tell me how proud you were to complete this extremely difficult objective by Emily


There is an old saying that “nothing in impossible, but it may be improbable”. I do know the seeming impossible is achievable if approached properly and breaks occur when frustration raises it ugly head. At this point, I cannot think of anything I ever started that appeared impossible when I started it, but frustration can change my point of view about midway through the project, especially when a deadline is immanent.

Procrastination
And frustrations will suggest
The impossible

I have found two things that overcome procrastination and frustration and their suggestion that a project is impossible. These two things are stubborn bull headedness and the proper type of break. Sometimes a short nap will help and at other times, the only thing to do is eat chocolate. For some reason chocolate energizes and pushes me to the point of accomplishment. Chocolate is also a good reward when I finish a seemingly impossible project.

Friday a lost day
I spent the morning shopping
Afternoon sleeping

My Friday was shopping and it did not seem impossible when I went to the store. I like to go to the supermarket on Friday because I find “Manager’s Specials” at Smith’s Food & Drug. I went to the store and went in. I found some nice specials and bought everything I intended. I came home (about 11:30 am) and put everything away. I sat down on the couch and dozed off. I woke up about 3:00 pm and decided I had better unlock the screen door and leave the front door open until the daycare van brought Mom home because I was afraid I would go back to sleep. It is a good thing I did not sit down at the computer on Friday because I would have went to sleep and fallen off my chair again. I think the mistake I made Friday was not eating before I went to the grocery store.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757018-Achieving-the-Impossible