*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757450-NOLA
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#757450 added July 29, 2012 at 11:38pm
Restrictions: None
NOLA
We are in New Orleans, at the Maison Dupuy hotel. It is super nice. My husband and kids are in the pool swimming. My mother and her boyfriend came too. The ARE in two different rooms. Heh heh. We went somewhere called The Gumbo Place for supper. Everybody had gumbo but me, even the kids. I think I have blogged before about my dislike of gumbo, due to the boiled okra in it. Okra was one of those things that, as a kid, I knew I didn't like without even tasting it. I had the Red Beans and Rice with Smoked Sausage and it was superb.

We went to the Cafe du Monde afterward and had beignets, which were also superb. Every writer should people watch in the French Quarter.

My mother brought her dog, Belle. In fact, we picked this hotel because it is the least expensive dog-friendly hotel in New Orleans. We left our two dogs at home. If we just had one perhaps she could have made the trip, but one of our dogs, Wimzy, is not a good car rider. You might as well put a bucking bronco in the car with you. Mama's dog is a pretty good car rider most of the time. One good thing about taking her to a hotel is that she never barks. We have never heard her bark, not one time. We were afraid Mama would try to bring her to the restaurant with us, but we managed to persuade Mama that she would go to sleep. Actually, she would probably do nothing of the kind. At home, she always sits and watches out the window for Mama. Anyway, that gave Belle something to be happy about when Mama walked back through the door.

© Copyright 2012 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757450-NOLA