*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757479-A-Day-Complete
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1684115
A cozy place of my own in the buzzing town of Blogville, the city that truly never sleeps.
#757479 added July 30, 2012 at 10:25am
Restrictions: None
A Day Complete
Sipping my first cup of truly awful coffee in Europe. Ordinarily it is fantastic, especially in Portugal, so close to Africa. Anyway, it's caffeine and I've got good internet access in the cafe. Wearing a European wrap scarf around my neck and enjoying the view of the street, which is a shopping district. The upstairs cafe views bikes tied to trees, throngs of people - young, old, families with children and strollers - bustling in and out of stores, stores of high end clothes, clothes on sale, jewelry and accessories. There aren't many brightly colored outfits, but for the most part people's outfits are pretty well put-together.

I bought a German copy of the first Harry Potter book. Since the age of nine, I have been a massive Potterhead, and have a growing collection of foreign copies of the Philosopher's Stone. So far I've got American, British, Spanish, French, Thai, and now German. By the time I die I'd like to know all of the above language - except for Thai, which takes years of immersion. Kicking myself for forgetting to by a Portuguese copy. Alas, I'll just have to ask my friend from Portugal to pick up a copy and I'll repay her.

Today involved wandering the streets of Wiesbaden and buying an undershirt, a long, 1920s-style faux pearl necklace, and another scarf. Might look for one thing more - another top or something. But really I don't enjoy shopping as much as most girls. Usually I wind up at a bookstore, sitting in a cafe with a cup of coffee and a new book. No shopping spree is complete without it.

Hope all is well on your end. x

© Copyright 2012 Jackie Laclède (UN: jacqueline at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jackie Laclède has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757479-A-Day-Complete