*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757484-Defining-the-Bad-Guys
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#757484 added July 30, 2012 at 11:36am
Restrictions: None
Defining the Bad Guys
Defining the Bad Guys

I have been wondering why it is that many affluent liberals are Democrats in the United States, for that matter, throughout the world, have Socialist leanings. One would think that having earned their fortunes through the economic engine of capitalism that they would be hardcore Republicans. I have a theory on this that I will share with my “Army of Readers.”

After the French Revolution rich people (Aristocrats) got a wake-up call. Many very wealthy old families (Money) had to flee penniless or worse went to the guillotine. Not just the adult males but wives, and family members. This sent a chilling message to the “Blue Bloods” that there were limits beyond which they dared not venture and a consensus evolved thereafter that it was better to control the government than to be the government.

By not being the government they adopted a low profile (As low as one can get for those who are fabulously wealthy) and settled on pulling the strings rather than standing in the spotlight. (Bulls eye) This was not just a US strategy but one that was pretty much followed worldwide.

When Communism came along they were naturally against that because a Communist government would take away all their wealth. With Socialism however, there were mechanisms they could take advantage of such as trusts, foundations, off shore accounts etc. where they could protect their wealth and pass it on to their heirs from one generation to the next.

Thus the “Old Money” who have nothing but contempt for any form of government, and for that matter anyone below their social status, elected as a strategy to foster socialism as a mechanism to protect their interests and also to exclude from their exclusive club as many of the upstart “Nuevo Rich” as they could manage.

The New Rich, are currently defined as those who make more than $250 thousand dollars per year. Does this sound familiar? Thus the bad guy, who the old guard wants to keep in the spotlight are the current generation entrepreneurs and they are the ones who are being portrayed as the greedy capitalists. The New Rich are more visible to the population even though they try and hid behind the sentry posts and fences of their gated communities. The socialists (Old Money) want them taxed to death and subject to Inheritance taxes, so that their money goes down the drain to appease the masses in Socialist give-away programs rather than the hoards of money they have stewarded and stashed in a host of world-wide shelters.

The Democrats, or “New Socialists” who claim to be champions of the working class are really cup bearers of the “Old Money Aristocracy” who want to preserve the status quo and of course their control of the government.

Why do you suppose they use ownership of most of the traditional (NBC, CBS, ABC)news media as a propaganda tool that most have quit listening to? These news networks are suffering in the ratings, but instead of trying to emulate the FOX “Fair and Balanced” format, they simply don’t care if they make money or not. Their purpose is not to make money (They already have plenty of that) but rather to promote their special interests.

Once the average citizen understands this it is easier to appreciate what is going on in not just American but the world-wide political arena.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757484-Defining-the-Bad-Guys