*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757683-The-Relevance-of-the-Olympics
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#757683 added August 2, 2012 at 12:46pm
Restrictions: None
The Relevance of the Olympics
Thursday, August 2, 2012 ~ Day 2 of 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "Do you think the Olympics are less relevant today when compared to the past? Discuss why/why Not."


I think the Olympics are more relevant today then in the past. Despite the controversies that arise every year over the actions of players and coaches, the games bring the world together in peaceful pursuits. At the Olympic Games, the athletes from every country can demonstrate good sportsmanship and the common heritage of sports.

The Olympics reveal the things the different countries have in common. Too often, in today’s world, we see and focus on the differences the separate humanity into color, national origin, and gender. Rather then focusing on the differences, the Olympics allow us to see similarities common to all humanity.

Another reason the Olympics are still relevant today, is that it encourages people to work for a goal. The games show that no matter how difficult the training or the pursuit of the goal, if you are persistent then eventually you will succeed. At every game, there are athletes returning who did not win the gold, silver, or bronze at the last Olympic Games and they again attempt to Go for the Gold. Sometimes they achieve a medal and sometimes they do not, but they continue to pursue the goal without giving up. The winners in life are those who continue working for the goal rather then those who give up trying.

The Olympics are still relevant because they are a platform where sworn enemies can meet on peaceful grounds and compete without weapons. The Olympics are a venue for harmony and unity in a disintegrating civilization.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757683-The-Relevance-of-the-Olympics