*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757708
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1879766
Starting to blog again--an attempt to organize my daily routine
#757708 added August 2, 2012 at 10:04pm
Restrictions: None
I Love Chocolate Milk
I do love chocolate milk. My grocery store has begun stocking a brand that's new to me, called "True Moo." I buy the size I consider a single serving, and I indulge a couple of times a week.

Women always need more calcium, according to what I read. I have a small refrigerator, and a gallon of milk won't fit anymore. I used to drink milk on a regular basis, when I had a normal sized refrigerator. I figure if I have a half quart of milk, a couple of times a week, I'm keeping my calcium level up without using pills. Sometimes I take calcium pills, but not on a regular basis.

Between the ages of 70 and 90, I've watched my mother double over, to almost half her height because she can't stand up straight anymore. She was a runway model in her youth, and she's totally embarrassed that osteoporosis has ovetrtaken her the way it has. I saw the same degradation of spine happen to my grandmother. My great-aunt didn't go through it, but she was bed-ridden the final years of her life.

I'm tall. I'm 5 ft 10 and 1/2 inches. I used to want to be shorter. Then one day I was mis measured, and I thought I had shunk two inches. I didn't like it after all. I was glad to find out I was mismeasured, but I'm bound to lose height as I age. I'm 57 now. I accept it. I'm in the middle of a bunch of Baby Boomers, so whatever happens to me happens to a large percentage of the US population. I am not alone.

I only eat cow and chicken a couple of days each week. When I was totally vegetarian, I couldn't keep enough pounds on me. I've been heavy before, but my diet/eating routine helps me keep pounds off.

And my nails are in pretty good shape, though they could be stronger. Maybe I'll add another chocolate milk, and some jello.

It's healthier to get your vitamins and minerals directly from food, instead of from pill supplements. I do try to be healthy. I know I'm due a chloresterol check, because I don't have Lipitor to take.

I discovered this week, for some unknown reason, my medical insurance is not covering me. I've got an important phone call to make to Blue Cross/Blue Shield tomorrow. The bill's been paid to them. They never notified me, my coverage just stopped being applied to my bills and pills--maybe about six weeks. Meds are so expensive anyhow, that I didn't notice at first. I remember refusing an anti depresessant of Cymbalta because the pharmacy wanted over $350 for a month's bottle.

As a bipolar, I'm already in the state insurance high risk pool. If I hadn't had my anti-anxiety pill today, I'd be worried. As it is, I'm concerned, and I hope a foul mood doesn't overtake me because of this LITTLE setback. Jeez, no medical insurance! How did this happen?

Wish me luck on the phone with these people, will ya, and say a little prayer for me....











Sunflower seeking rain
© Copyright 2012 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757708