*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758266-The-Welfare-State
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#758266 added August 11, 2012 at 7:26pm
Restrictions: None
The Welfare State
The Welfare State

Yesterday I heard on talk radio that one-third of all Americans are on some form of welfare. Further, that we spend more on these programs than most countries have GDP.

Our current president, who is a nice enough fellow, is clueless on what it is going to take to get the country back on its feet economically. All he knows how to do is run for reelection. With one-third of the people on welfare, he has the inside track. He can run on a platform of wasteful spending and more government give-away and probably get reelected. Socialism, as history has shown, is a pyramid scheme that eventually comes crashing down when there is no longer any incentive to produce and creative hard working people lose heart and quit working.

As I pointed out in an earlier blog, the New Socialists (Democrats) are the horse holders for the “Old Money” (OM) in this country, who use their influence to keep entrepreneurs slapped down and limited to $250K a year. The OM sit behind their tax shelters, overseas accounts, trusts and foundations, protected by battalions of tax lawyers, and chortle, suggesting ways to get small business to bleed for all the social welfare they encourage the Government to heap on the system. This is their strategy to keep the “Nuevo Rich” from getting too wealthy. It keeps these “Young Upstart Whippersnappers” in their place and makes sure the “Unwashed” don’t change the status quo. After all, there's only so much real estate in Newport Rhode Island and they don’t want to ruin the neighborhood. *Bigsmile*

Then there are the Unions who claim to be the champions of the working people. Maybe for working people who are union members (and Union Insiders) but it is union excesses that have caused management to move jobs overseas. There was a time when unions were needed as a check and balance on capitalist exploitation but they have become the monster they displaced. Now we hear how small business owners are being beaten up by Union thugs. Is that a turn-around or what?

So we have a nice guy president, who is the front man for Chicago Politics, anarchists, Unions and OM money, who under the guise of protecting the interests of the working class, (welfare class? ) spends money like there’s no tomorrow. (Actually there might not be if the pendulum doesn’t swing back in the other direction.) We are on the verge of ruining a good thing and need to seriously consider a leadership change in the upcoming election.

This morning it was announced that Paul Ryan was picked to be the VP presidential nominee. Now that's a step in the right direction!

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758266-The-Welfare-State