*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758584-Hope-Springs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#758584 added August 14, 2012 at 8:40am
Restrictions: None
Hope Springs
Hope Springs….

Yesterday Linda and I went to see the movie Hope Springs… and really liked it. The acting was awesome and the dramatic premise was something familiar to everyone who has been married awhile. It was serious, comic and touching. I recommend it.

It had all the components to a good story. There were the before snapshots of the characters before the visit to the therapist. Then there was the life changing event and a Dramatic premise… (A leap of faith can change a person’s life) and a host of themes that married couples can relate to. There was a string of crisis that built momentum until the story reached a climax and then tapered off in a way that gave the moviegoers something to talk about on the ride home. Throughout it all there was Change, Change Change! In the characters ... Anyway it was all the things I talk about in my One Act Play and Exploratory Writing workshops. These are things that don’t just happen by accident when a writer starts exercising a brain cramp. It is a carefully orchestrated use of components that have historically led to the crafting of a good story.

Yesterday Morning I went to the flying field and crashed the model I bought from a friend who had written it off as unrepairable in a previous series of accidents. I must say that there was no fixing it this time. It was totally “Totaled” except for the end of the tail section with the rudder and elevator. It was a real “Black Monday” for the student flyers and two others managed to crash land as well, however, not with the same spectacular effect. Oh well, nobody ever accused me of doing things in a half-baked sort of way, notwithstanding some of my attempts at writing.

So after the movie last night it was back to the simulator. At first I thought something was wrong but then I realized that Linda had turned the sound effects way down. When confronted she gave that “Cheshire” smile and asked if I was wearing my hearing aids.

Today we are going to Wausau where I will be buying some model airplane supplies. They are for my “Windy Field” aircraft design that I am working on. I try and do a little on it each day and like writing a novel, it is amazing how with a little science and art, projects have a way of coming together. My problem is that my model is a bit heavy and may need a bigger engine.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758584-Hope-Springs